Use Monzo to handle corporate travel advances

Monzo prepaid cards could be repurposed to serve as the means for handling business travel expenses. Some companies already use prepaid cards, other do use apps, but I don’t know of any system which combines the advantages you guys already offer:

• immediate balance
  • expenses breakdown
  • receipt pictures
  • tracking different trips

This could work as a separate card, which the company can top up. You would need a system to handle payments to multiple cards (company side, security would be critical), and a system of reporting back (for companies which require detailed expenses) or transfer out of the card (for companies operating per diems), where simplicity would be critical. As I understand it, Monzo already does the latter very well.

I would love if my company operated in such a way. I hope you continue developing this amazing project. Do let me know if you want to hear more about the idea.

Cheers

Concur do this. Perhaps not immediate transactions view but everything else you mention. Sure there are others.

If I understand you correctly, you’ll need to persuade Monzo to not transition out of prepaid cards, I suppose.

That bird has already flown but there’s nothing to say that they won’t, one day, implement something similar using their own systems as a base.

expend.io do this

There’s also pleo.io

I meant that they could use their current tech for another application. I already converted to the new accounts, but noticed it would have been useful in another context.

1 Like

Indeed, the examples you shared do what I was suggesting. Thanks for pointing it out