USA ACH payments to a UK Monzo account

First time poster and not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question - please point me in the right direction if you have any recommendations.

I only want to know if I can receive ACH payments from a United States employer to my UK Monzo account.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks


Searching Google brought this up in less than 30 seconds.

ACH payments can’t be made in the UK, Eurozone, or anywhere else outside the United States. The ACH network is a US payments network only.


You can’t. I think a TransferWise account would be your friend here - you get an account which has US ACH details as well as the UK one. I can’t think of any others who offer this.



I’m already getting paid into a UK (mainstream) bank account via ACH but the currency exchange fees and loos of money is huge, so looking to find an alternative way.

Are you a contractor? Starling offer USD accounts for businesses but Transferwise is probably your best bet

Wise is something worth looking into. You can have a debit card with U.K. and US bank details and transfer the money between them. You’d need to be sure it can accept ACH payments, though.

I work for a NGO and get paid out of the US office. So I am on the books as an employee but based in the UK.

I will checkout Wise.


Thanks. I will check out Wise and see if they accept ACH payments.

1 Like