US waiting list

How long did most wait until they were able to be contacted about joining? I am on the waiting list and really want to get away from Chime. I have friends in the UK that rave about Monzo so I am excited to try it out.

Welcome to the community,

I’ve moved your thread to the US section as you’re more likely to get a response there.

1 Like

Just an FYI it is very much a beta so keep in mind the features compared to The UK product is quite limited

2 Likes

You can try to send a DM through Twitter. Monzo will be able to bump you up the list quickly.

Curious to know about your experience with Chime and why you want to get away from them.

1 Like

For instance today, my tax refund was deposited but all of chime went down today and we couldn’t even access our account. Couldn’t make purchases. Direct deposits are delayed. It’s just been horrible. And it’s not the first time. They hung up 3 times on me when I called customer service.

1 Like

That’s awful. Sorry to hear about your painful experience with Chime. Glad I didn’t continue with Chime. Waiting for Monzo to come out of beta to make it my primary account.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation. I’m desperately trying to move my accounts away from Capital One, but tech is really important to me (I’m a programmer after all), so I don’t want to move my money to just any bank. I was really close to move to Ally Bank when I heard about Monzo and it sounds amazing. I’ve signed up for the waiting list, but the uncertainty of not knowing when I’ll be able to open accounts is kind of killing me :slight_smile:. Any way to know?

2 Likes

I bank with Ally. They have an attractive interest rates and fantastic customer service. But their app is clunky. Their notifications are not comparable to Monzo or challenger bank’s. If you contact Monzo through Twitter, they will be able to bump you up the list soon.

Thanks! American Express also has good rates on money market accounts.

I’ll have to create a Twitter account and contact Monzo. I feel like every day I stay with Capital One, my soul dies a little.

2 Likes

Hey there - thanks for your interest in an account - feel free to drop me a DM here on the forum instead of Twitter if that’s easier and I’ll see what we can do to get you unlocked a little faster! :blush:

2 Likes

You guys/gals are amazing in serving the customers. We can’t expect this kind of personalized service from the main street banks. :+1:

3 Likes

Yep, this is a big part of the reason why I wanted to come along for the ride, so to speak.

3 Likes

Hi @J.une!! I currently live in the UK and have a UK monzo account, but am moving back to the US in June and would loooove to not have to go back to my crappy US bank. Do you think it’s possible to receive at least a beta US account by mid June 2020? Or has everything been put on hold given the pandemic? Many thanks for your help. Em.

Hey @J.une , I’m really looking forward to trying out Monzo. I have friends in the UK that use it and have been very happy with it. I have been on the waiting list for a while now and saw your reply in this thread. So this is me reaching out. I apologise if I’m spamming you and your message was only directed at Kelly. Anyway it’s really great that you guys have launched here. Stay safe!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.