Underground puppy & kitten trading ban

Does the Tory “news” happen to be an actual, literal, distastefully ironic Dead Cat Strategy away from Brexit?

2 Likes

I was about to ask whether it’s good to have a topic dedicated to discussing what Tom’s views on pets are. It makes sense now, I’m glad I read it all first :laughing:

1 Like

I love Wednesdays :smirk:

it would be easy for him to hire a media management firm or something to look after his online “brand”

I wish nobody takes this advice. I’m tired of everything being “branded”, filtered and sugarcoated and what not. I appreciate someone being genuine and tweeting what he really thinks. Same thing with a certain president - I do not agree with his views but I admire that he has the balls to post his unfiltered thoughts and opinions.

5 Likes

Oh well…always a pleasure…:slightly_smiling_face:

Difference between having the balls and having no grip on reality :grin:

4 Likes

I agree (with the first bit - I have no opinions to offer on Trump).

My point was that it’s refreshing hearing unspun views. I worry that threads like this one would stop that from happening and cause even more societal polarisation. :frowning:

4 Likes

When a major political party posts about protecting “puppies & kittens” with a cute picture, you have to wonder what their agenda is. In this case, I think it’s pretty clear. That’s really what annoyed me. I sent a sarcastic tweet without sufficient disclaimers.

FWIW, I’m looking after Bingo, one of our staff-member’s dogs, this weekend.

18 Likes

Big fan of Bingo. Follow on Insta.
#dogsofinsta

Whilst the country was looking at the cute puppies, I imagine Tom was concentrating on this news, released the same day:

3 Likes

protecting “puppies & kittens” with a cute picture, you have to wonder what their agenda is

Similar to the usual “think of the children” bullshit.

1 Like

My main immediate concern was that they were going to start neutering all the wild and semi-wild farm cats near us that have been the source of great kittens over the years.
Then I remembered they haven’t even staffed the Brexit ministry yet.
Farm cats are safe for a while, me thinks

2 Likes

The discussion was getting long, and I didn’t want people to have to scroll through a ton of politics and opinions that were intruding on that lovely pet pictures thread :cry: in any case Tom’s clarified his position on it now so he’s got his answer

2 Likes

(If you mean me, then yes I have.)

3 Likes

I get where tom is coming from with Brexit and how the conservatives are using the puppy/kitten as a smokescreen. But I do find personally banning puppy/kitten underground breeding is a good idea.

5 Likes

I wasn’t going to comment until I split off the thread but I wrote a massive bunch of emails to RSPCA, Cheshire council/ police last week. There was a puppy farm/ breeder that was keeping animals in absolutely horrible conditions around my area (David Furness and Kottage Kennel) and it has been going on for years :sob: various Facebook groups had been trying to get people to report it and write in but nothing till recently. I got a response that it’s now being treated as an emergency so hopefully it gets shut down asap with the introduction of this new law

8 Likes

Enough said

1 Like

That’s great news.

So much cruelty - so few folk able to enforce. And often penalties seem to be laughable.

1 Like