Trustpilot Reviews

They are a bank now (license from Dec 18) … they recently reissued all the account details to use their own sortcode 040075

In real terms on the ‘Bad Ratings’ there are only 12 bad reviews difference between Monzo and Starling

292 people have given Monzo a bad rating
280 people have given Starling a bad rating
1618.5 people have given Revolut a bad rating

Yes I am aware, even if it’s not a British Bank licence and has to be gained in Lithuania, but if what I read it true, they might loose that shortly, but in any case, that wasnt the point of my reply, it was about the Trustpilot reviews

On this, that isn’t Revolut’s sort code. Revolut don’t have a full banking license and still aren’t covered for FSCS or able to issue their own current accounts yet.

That sort code belongs to Modular FS Ltd, a banking services business that Revolut has an agreement with.

5 Likes

Surely, Monzo has the best reviews since Monzo has the highest Trustpilot score?

1 Like

Revolut has the most therefore I see it as they are better.

The only pilots I trust, are the ones taking me to my fave holiday destination.

1 Like

I feel the same but if you read some in detail for example
Fielder Family
2 reviews

His first review his daughter is 9 years old
The next she is 1 year old with Down Syndrome.

It might be a genuine mistake but does seem a little odd

Thing is we might all see the mistakes and the lies and probably Monzo do to however the crap response they give is just that.

Why not expose them a bit like other companies, say things like “We have not seen any communication from you on this matter via our in app chat or E-Mail, we tried to locate your account but could not find it. Please contact us. In the mean time please read link”

With regards to the account freezing issues, HSBC recently declined a transaction in my hometown of Leeds because the pub charged it through their head office in Guildford and I’ve never been to Guildford, so this is not an issue specific to Monzo.

I think the issue seems to be that monzos system isn’t as robust as HSBC. So there are more false positives than with more established banks

That appears to not be being fine tuned.

Surely there must be a standard to follow to ensure evenly bank is equal?

Potentially but I think that would need to start with government sadly

It is tricky to know. I’d imagine monzo have it harder due to the easy sign up process and fraudulent users are targeting the bank.

We’ve yet to see any long time forum posters having issues. That would be when we knew there is an issue.

I’m sure there will be some false positives, but also a group of angry fraudsters losing money, who will be incentivised to spend time reviewing. I can only imagine it getting worse before it gets better now that the general public are aware.

6 Likes

So the company with the most reviews is always the best? Or do you mean the company with the most 5 star reviews is the best (regardless of the number of 1 star reviews)?

What I’m saying is if Monzo had the same amount of ratings I’m sure the bad reviews would be higher

Isn’t that what the percentages are meant tell you?

1 Like

But it is a percentage!

1 Like

There is absolutely no way of knowing that if the rating figures were the same the reviews would be higher or lower.

Maybe its just your view and opinion being a ‘Starling Guru’ but in the same instance, what I’m saying is if Monzo had the same amount of ratings I’m sure the Excellent reviews would be much higher.

Awks.

:exploding_head::joy_cat:

4 Likes