Trustpilot Reviews

Also these money mules & launderers that are getting banned were probably banned by Barclays, Lloyds, RBS and every other high street bank years ago.

They aren’t on Monzo’s blacklist yet because Monzo are so new, so they give it a shot over here, get their account closed and then try whatever they can to get their illicit money back.

2 Likes

Agree. But a lot of people check reviews there…

You have a monzo account you can tell them the facts, why would your friends be scared to open an account unless they were going to do something dodgy?

AFAIK a normal user would not have their account closed for no reason

4 Likes

I invited a lot of people…

1 Like

Any of them had their accounts frozen?

6 Likes

That’s what I think, too. But, obviously, those leaving reviews are claiming to be (or are appearing to be) normal users.

I’d think twice about opening a Monzo account if I went to Trustpilot first.

2 Likes

Yes but some of those reviews appear to be first and last names so all Monzo would have to do is search and if no account call them out and then report to Trustpilot as fake but instead it’s the same copy pasta response that then kinda validates said review.

Monzo legally cannot respond specifically, and the standard responses are better than no response at all.

No but they could say to this 1 review guy Avneet Uppal that they have searched the all accounts and it would appear there is nothing under this name and to contact them at help@monzo.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5c366fa0d8b15bafb24e4078

If there happens to be a real account then use the standard copy pasta

1 Like

Ah, I see. I think there may be crossed wires from the mention of ‘not a normal user’ where I read it as meaning ‘user who has committed fraud’ and it sounds like you’re reading it as ‘fake review from someone who isn’t actually a user’?

Yeah, I reckon 90% of the reviews are fake.

3 Likes

just put my review of the current account on, so hoping that the 10% :slight_smile: creeps up a bit to give a better reflection of how the account normally operates for the majority of users.

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Put my review up last night. Hope it helps :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I got a reply from Brittany -

I think you publish a lot of un…

I think you publish a lot of un verified reviews that perhaps unjustly criticise banking firms with no recourse for the firm because they have to abide by UK law and cannot reply with the true reasons for closing / freezing bank accounts. You as a company should know as well as I do the rules for Anti Money Laundering and Proceeds Of Crime Act regarding communication with people suspected of money laundering and the ramifications for the bank if they do communicate further with the suspected money launderer after suspicious activity has been noted on their bank account, yet you allow the reviewers to print whatever they wish sometimes blatantly libellous and you facilitate it.

Edit Delete

Reply from Trustpilot

16 minutes ago

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the feedback, but all reviews have to follow our guidelines. If you’d like to discuss further, give us a shout at compliance@trustpilot.com.

Kind Regards,
Brittany

• apparently the guidelines for being able to post on trust pilot are rigorously enforced

from their guidelines -
1.3 You may not write a review about a Company you have previously owned, currently own, or which an immediate family member currently owns, or if you are an executive or employee of that Company, or work for the Company. Similarly, you may not write a review about a direct competitor to the Company you own, are employed by or work for.

which really does make a joke out of their "all reviews have to follow our guidelines " statement

1 Like

They do not know you are related though?

Is that classed as immediate family though?

Are you related if they won’t take your calls? :thinking:

2 Likes

As I have said before, Trustpilot is a scam and they prey on a businesses attempts to keep a clean reputation.

The fact they allow false and libellous reviews coupled with the alleged hoops Monzo have had to go through to get this resolved shows this.

6 Likes

On the other hand, if I went to Which first…

https://twitter.com/WhichMoney/status/1083668611707871233

4 Likes