Trustpilot Reviews

I imagine a small amount are ‘legitimate’ and they’ve done something in good faith that’s unfortunately flagged up. But I imagine the large majority are false, duplicates by the same person(s) and intended to make Monzo buy fake positive reviews.

2 Likes

When I see that graph shape it tells me that for most people the service is excellent (garnering that many excellent reviews is hard, people don’t normally go out of their way to praise), but it goes badly wrong for a few and they are very vocal about it.

If the service is genuinely poor, you’d see way more spread across the categories.

1 Like

For me I think it’s more of the content of the reviews (all being the same) and the fact that when the positive reviews bump the poor ones off the main page then they come back to write more poor ones that’s what’s more concerning and the fact that the first 3-4 pages are nearly all negative.

This is mostly me. And I’m open to suggestions for other ways to reply to these.

(Just spotted a typo in there too :scream:)

For the most part it’s going to be the same response in any case. People posting negative reviews are usually already in touch with our team, who are best placed to respond to once we’ve had a proper look into things. And we’re not going to give anyone extra special treatment just because they posted on TP.

Not replying doesn’t work either, as then it just looks like we’re not aware of people who can’t access their accounts - or that we don’t care. It’s a double bind. I’d rather reply with something rather than nothing.

3 Likes

I assume you can’t call out people for not having an account with you (yet still posting a negative review?)

1 Like

I think there should be two types of responses, for those that are verified (like with Starling) then a maybe a sorry to see you are having issues, please contact our team (or) we see you are in contact with our team and we hope to resolve this shortly.

For those that aren’t verified maybe you could say something like, unfortunately we have been unable to locate any accounts that have been locked in the last few days, please contact our team to discuss.

Basically the second kinda calls them out but in a subtle way, obviously wording would need to be changed.

6 Likes

Emojis helps everything. Like Hi, :wave:
Like we normally do with stuff like this.

2 Likes

@cookywook is there any way to make it so reviews are verified, as Starling have done? No doubt it’s something that costs you…

Based on this I think there would be a cost

https://uk.business.trustpilot.com/plans

OMG those prices PER MONTH!!!

Actually I think not

1 Like

noooo, don’t send invitations, it’s so intrusive and really gives a bad impression - we’re so bad we have to beg for good reviews…

4 Likes

Which I think is the only way and if so it’s what Starling are doing.

They could do a “You’ve been with us for 6 months, how do you think we’re doing? You can comment on the community or perhaps leave a review” email?

I know, awful.

Or perhaps there could be a way of doing it directly from the app? I’m guessing it’s some kind of personalised URL.

Pretty much my thinking atm. Is the cost of sending out “Loving Monzo? Drop us a Trustpilot review!” messages worth the annoyance/spam? I’d prefer we just focus on building a great product that people naturally want to rave about :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I think Personal URL in the app would be better

1 Like

If Monzo are not going to go down the route of asking for reviews then the responses really need to be looked at on there then IMO

3 Likes

The whole “let’s make the product amazing” approach is a lovely (albeit flowery hippie love-in) concept, but it doesn’t tackle the problem. And there is a problem here.

Is there a problem? Monzo seems to be growing just fine and seems to have an excellent public image, bolstered by news stories, TV shows etc.

2 Likes

I’ve just deleted a huge reply, because I’ve realised that if Monzo don’t care about negative reviews being left, why should I?

1 Like