Transferring Transaction Data & Savings Rates - Current Accounts

When converting from a prepaid account to a current account will there be an option to reset all your transaction history?

I’m thinking just as a one off optional thing.

1 Like

I’ve moved your post here, as there’s been some discussion from other users about how they’d like this process to work in this topic.

If we’ve missed anything, please do let us know your ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

I would hope that any averaging done is weighted to treat recent spend as more significant than older spend else it would take ages to adapt to changes in habits…

So really, I don’t care if old data is carried over or not, I’d expect its influence to fade if it does.

2 Likes

I’m sure like everyone else on this forum I’ve been regularly tracking the current account roll out. Pleased to see the pace that it is occurring.

One thing that stood out to me was Monzo’s eventual plan to merge the transactions from the prepaid card with the current account. Without wanting to create too much controversy, I was wondering if there was going to be an option to opt out of this.

Reasons being;

I’ve been an Alpha user for a long time although don’t use the card anywhere near as much as perhaps other people. Not because I didn’t like Monzo, but because I am lazy and didn’t want to have to keep topping it up and split my transactions across two cards. I knew the moment I had a monzo card that as soon as they launched current accounts I was going to move to them as quick as I could.
That being said, when I do get a current account with Monzo I was looking to really try and get into good financial habits, a slate wiped clean so to speak. I wouldn’t want my sporadic and non-insightful transactions to pollute the current account ones.

Final reason is I wouldn’t want the pre-paid transactions to appear when monzo or an integrated third party are analysing my spending patterns to make make credit decisions or savings decisions or any other cool innovative service yet to be conceptualised that undoubtedly the marketplace of monzo will help foster.

2 Likes

I can definitely see where you’re coming from here.

Assuming that opting out isn’t an option (you might regret it in the future too), I’m hoping that Monzo will give me a way to distinguish between the prepaid vs debit transactions. Or just come up with a way to address the reasons you’ve mentioned :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s already been a lot of discussion about this topic here & in the topics that’re listed underneath the OP so I’ve moved your post here, to save anyone repeating themselves.

…and would this be optional, if we don’t want historic transaction data imported

I’m currently testing the Debit Card. When the official ‘switch on/transfer’ occurs will the two separate transaction histories in the two different apps merge?

Yes, it will merge, here’s what we know (so far):

Cool. I do like the idea of keeping the prepaid card as well as the full current account. Its handy only carrying around a card with say £100 on it for day to day purposes as apposed to the card for my full bank account in case of theft

1 Like

Just to clarify, having 2 cards, prepaid and debit, will be only a temporary status. Monzo plans to phase out prepaid cards by end of this year (if stars are aligned and there are no problems :smiley: ). This means that you can only benefit from both cards for no more than few months - and that’s only if you jump on the Current Account Preview train right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got my CA card today.

First thing I noticed is I’ll have to start from a blank slate with my spending history, so if I continue to use the pre-paid card (which I will since it’s an early access) I’ll end up not knowing where my money is going, again!

Are there any plans to combine account information?

:mondo: please don’t force merge my prepaid data. I don’t want it. Thank you in advance :pray:

1 Like

You’ve made this point at least four times now. It’s a little too much really.

Four times on this thread? Wow that is a lot. At least someone has noticed, I guess.

Yes, prepaid history will be merged with CA. Naji said it here, but since that post was made, I don’t think we had any further details:

Excited to receive my card yesterday and get going on it. So there is a whole load of useful data from many many months using - and I’m sad to lose it - my MONDO Alpha card. Is there a plan to port this data across or am I now starting from scratch? Which is fine if that’s the plan - I’d just like to know. Thanks.

Pretty sure that at some point in the whole sign-up flow it mentions that the complete data will eventually be linked to your current account - I’m guessing when they start switching everyone over after testing has finished.

I hope this will be optional

@Intrepid is this ‘option’ I posted on the link - here RE my post

Yes, pretty soon we will show the historical prepaid data in your main bank app, and you can totally ditch the prepaid app/card. We’re currently aiming for some time in October I think.

Interesting - I’d not thought of this before. Am I right saying you’d prefer an option not to show your prepaid data at the bottom of your feed? I’d love to hear more and feed it back to our product team :slight_smile:

5 Likes