Total amount spent per month at a merchant

On the transaction screen, it currently shows 3 metrics about a particular merchant. These are the “Number of transactions”, “Average spend” and “Total Spent”. Wouldn’t it also be useful to also show the total spent this month? :calendar:

At the moment there’s no way (that I know of) to see a total of how much there is per merchant without getting a calculator and manually adding it!

Maybe this would encourage me to spend less at Costa each month! :coffee:

1 Like

You can

Go to search on the today bar

Retailer typed in top and click on calendar at bottom and choose this month

3 Likes

Didn’t know that was a thing, thanks! :smile:

I still think though that figure should be accessible from the transaction screen itself. That figure is way more useful than the total spent figure.

4 Likes

it is accessible from the transaction screen - however it does take a couple of taps :slight_smile: - press on the transaction - scroll down to history - press on total spent - tap search box at top and add another parameter i.e. this month / year :slight_smile:

would be great if you could set particular dates as search criteria though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think this is a good spot. As we now have Monzo for years in some cases, some of the initial design choices around averages might not make sense for the longer term. Maybe time for some minor iteration!

2 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

:grin:

1 Like

Agreed - if I click on my local Sainsburys I get a terrifying total for what I’ve spent over the year. In a few years this will be useless (except for when I need gym motivation and think back at all the junk food I’ve bought). Having a monthly breakdown will be much more useful.

5 Likes

I also notice the total spent doesn’t deduct any refunds from that merchant, which can skew things slightly. I think being able to tap on the value and it change what time period it’s over would be nice and simple. 30 says, 6 months, year, all of time etc.

1 Like

Was [quote=“Jackcrwhitney, post:8, topic:36062”]
notice the total spent doesn’t deduct any refunds from that merchant, which can skew things slightly. I think being able to tap on the value and it change what time period it’s over would be nice and simple. 30 says, 6 months, year, all of time etc.
[/quote]

Totally agree, needs to take off refunds
And be able to see what ever periods we need.

This doesn’t seem to work on android, or maybe it’s broken in the redesign?

1 Like