I would suggest a topic I see a lot of confusion about in support chats. How card refunds work and why you often don’t see them in your Monzo feed until around one week later.
Additionally, some deeper dives into card authorisations, what happens when we approve something but the merchant declines it, and why you sometimes see a transaction refunded 7 days later before the money is taken again.
I’d like to see more info on what happens to your money once deposited - how they system works behind the scenes, why, and how this contrasts with the big banks that caused the financial crash.
I want to know if, and if so, how Monzo are doing things differently?
I want to be part of a better banking system, and hope that Monzo can provide this.
Money is not just about the individual, it connects us all, and it has the potential to create a more equitable and just society - you can di it Monzo!
I agree. I would love to see how Monzo use our money… I’ve just signed up for Reliance bank in London because they have the most ethical, transparent and simple policy I’ve ever seen (think along the lines of 'we will not invest in arms industry, tobacco industry, pornography etc). I’d love to know that my money isn’t fuelling wars, health problems or addictions that devalue women.
Please could we get an intro to the best ways to save (different savings accounts, investing, gov’t saving schemes, etc.) for someone who doesn’t have access to a financial advisor.
Sorry to bump this thread … I’m interested as to whether there are anymore topics coming soon to the Monzo University. I find everything so far really interesting to read and I’m sure other would too.
From what I can see nothing’s been posted in a few months.
Good question! We absolutely plan to publish more financial education posts. We’ll just be moving University over to the blog so everything’s in one place.
So you’ll see any new posts published here and it’s on my list to move over (and revamp) the existing content from monzo.com/university.
We’ll be redesigning the blog to help make it easier to navigate, and you can see the first small update we made yesterday live on monzo.com/blog now!
And now that you’ve bumped this thread up – if you have any more suggestions of what you’d like to see, I’ll be reading and writing! ️