This week in the Monzo Office Slack: Fake Product Ideas šŸ’”

We have a Slack channel at Monzo called #product-ideas.

The stated aim of #product-ideas is to share ideas for app improvements, ideas and suggestions to make Monzo even better.

But Monzonauts being Monzonauts, we couldnā€™t help ourselves but think of some silly ones as well. Thatā€™s why we started another channel: #fake-product-ideas

Ideas from this channel include ā€˜Millennial modeā€™ (payments are expressed in terms of how many avocados theyā€™re worth), a webcam to check the queue for lunch, and simply ā€œMonzooā€.

And today, @tjvr took inspiration from our upcoming Shared Tabs for a bold new idea:

And it just went on from there:

And onā€¦

ā€¦and onā€¦

ā€¦ and on and onā€¦

ā€¦(we really do work very hard, promise)ā€¦

Itā€™s very unlikely that any of these will make it into the Monzo app anytime soon. But we hope you enjoy this little peek behind the scenes of the things we think about here at Monzo HQ!

9 Likes

Iā€™d be interested to see if any fake product ideas end up inspiring real ones!

Some of my ideas end up in both #product-ideas and #fake-product-ideas, and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about that. I think perhaps I just have a lot of bad onesā€¦

11 Likes

I love this Slack series :raised_hands:t3::fire: Please never stop doing this! (I think Shared Pats is a wonderful idea). Thatā€™s what Borrow My Doggy is for :heartbeat:

5 Likes

Iā€™d be honoured. Surely the sort of mind that can conceive ideas worthy of both categories is something to be celebrated!

4 Likes

Iā€™m still disappointed that we havenā€™t implemented my idea of a joint pot across all Monzo accounts that buys a flamethrower for a user at random when it reaches a target.

4 Likes

And what have you called that feature? :thinking:

Shared zaps?

I was hoping it was the set up to an epic name

Flaming hot pot?

I came up with ā€˜shared crabsā€™ but I donā€™t think iā€™ll expand on that idea publicly

ā€˜Mystery Potsā€™

1 Like

Couldnā€™t resist sharing this :bird:

4 Likes