The Monzo Current Account Preview

What’s the betting moneybox don’t recognise the sort code either? :wink:

1 Like

Norwich & Peterborough.

1 Like

Edit: I removed my earlier comment, I was tiny bit misinformed! :smiley:

1 Like

Very exciting times, cannot wait to get the current account. Counting down the days :grin:

What’s this event? Were all investors invited? Seem to have missed any form of invite or even hearing about this. Hmm…

How does one register for this test phase? Maybe I failed to read an email…

Have a read through of the original blog post here and make sure you’re happy with the more specific terms:

As you’re also a :rocket: crowdfunding investor - be aware that you need to know the below as well:

Just to clarify in both circumstances you will receive your :monzo: investor card once they’re ready!

If you’re happy with this then go ahead and register your interest! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Vodafone - the list of merchants says that you cannot add your details online. I successfully did after the first CA release. Can anyone confirm that it worked for them and we can cross it off the list?

1 Like

There’s a link to the blog post in the very first message of this thread.

398 accounts is the latest figure.

Got an invite for a current account but I’m in Manchester :sob:

@TomW Take a train and have a day out in London? That’s how I got mine :slight_smile:

I can’t afford to with the lack of holidays left in work :disappointed_relieved:

I am now looking forward to the current accounts myself.

1 Like

I managed to add it as well. We’re still trying to work out what does and doesn’t work with them.

2 Likes

Have my invite today and my train booked for tomorrow from Manchester to spend the hour in our great capital (literally getting to London at 4:50pm and escaping 7:20-8pm-ish. As I’m coming on my own, what is the process like? Presentation, then sorting out? Or is it get in a line, process and leave? Just curious.

Good presentation, download Testflight when you get near the end after you get your email invite and then the :monzo: app which will have a white logo, then just fill in details, wait for verification, and then ask for card :slight_smile:
Shoreditch Grind is good for coffee!

1 Like

We could tell you but it’d spoil the surprise!

Roughly - get scanned at the door, grab a drink, see a presentation, receive a testflight invitation, id checks, pick up card, chat or leave

1 Like
  1. Presentation.

2. Sign up through the app (take ID with you: passport or driving license, you’ll need to it complete sign up in app).

3. You’ll be invited through TestFlight (ensure it’s installed on your iPhone).

4. Once you’ve completed verification, get a card from a helper, and you’ll be set up.

3 Likes

Thank you for the replies.

Now, not to rain on my own parade, but did other peoples current account invite come from invite@eventbrite.com ? It does state

Hello,
You are invited to the following event:

CURRENT ACCOUNT ROLLOUT EVENTS

All the information; etc etc.

But then says near the bottom;

NB: You must have received an invitation to this event from Monzo

This is why I am checking before I make a 400 mile (there and back) trip.