The Monzo Current Account Preview

Question; As I’ve not seen it mentioned yet :slight_smile:

(I’ll assume no though) Can we use a current account switch service to transfer all our DD’s over if we move from a Legacy bank? Or will this only come in to play once current accounts are fully released to the public? :smiley:

1 Like

4 Likes

I just filled out the form and filled in my postcode. Am I only going to be invited to sign up when you are in my area. I travel to London and elsewhere on occasion, if I’m in an area where you are signing people up am I able to sign up there?

1 Like

I’m sure Monzo have the stats on their users and it’d be interesting to know how it breaks down between iOS and android.

But in general, my understanding is that iPhone users tend to be biassed towards the AB demographic whilst android, being cheaper is less selective. When it comes to picking up new leading edge stuff, my experience is that the ABs are both more receptive and more valuable. This is why most mobile technology companies target iOS first.

That’ll come in to play later this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can assure you that Android being behind is not because we think it should be. The unfortunate fact is that it is a little behind and it’s not possible to suddenly make it the same as iOS :frowning: So we’re working hard to get there but it can’t be overnight :slight_smile:

Hope that makes sense

4 Likes

I pledged but wasn’t successful. Do I say yes or no to the investor question when registering interest?

1 Like

You say no for the purposes of this form :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suppose if you have an iPhone then you have definitely either spent £700 odd on it or are on an expensive contract.

I wouldn’t call the latest Samsung, Sony or LG phones cheap, but it makes sense overall as I guess as there are cheap Android devices around. Still no less disappointing.

One more question (last one I promise!)

I assume the current account will have the same (or similar) budgeting tools to those found on the prepaid card. If we join now, will we get our historical spending history from the prepaid cards available in current account or will everything start afresh as it is currently a separate app?

1 Like

Probably been answered but I’m on my phone now so can’t see… anyway it says:

Topping up your account by debit card, Apple Pay and Android Pay will not be available.

But you have the current account why would you need this?

1 Like

Wooo agreed ! Let’s get him to the top of the queue alex alex alex … :wink:

Easy option to pass money from one of your banks to another without having to leave the monzo app

2 Likes

Sorry to interrupt but I have exactly the same question

It is a totally separate app.

Initially users will have access to two accounts, both the prepaid and the current account as separate apps. The prepaid will have all historical data and the current account will start afresh. Eventually we’ll look at how to combine the two, but we haven’t nailed down exactly how we plan to do this yet :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I know this is probably answered/not how it works but…

If you’re a crowd investor and you’ve signed up are we talking weeks/months? Or it comes when it comes.

It says you will get your invite in the next quarter - randomly picked unless you live somewhere they want to target.

1 Like

That’s cool. I hear London is pretty popular these days so hopefully that helps

Will you get a monzo notification and a testflight one or what happens?