The future of Monzo Business Accounts

Monzo business accounts are likely to be chargeable.

Some illustrative pricing plans are over in this thread:

(Nothing finalised yet, though, as I understand it).

I struggle to get my head around having to pay for an account. Certainly a business account.

I’ll.take a look at your link. Thanks

Edit: while I realise this could be present as “transaction” or other fees rather than annual/monthly/etc fee for the account. I guess it depends how you word it. But still, if I’m getting true accountancy services, that’s another kettle of fish

Whatever the rights or wrongs of it, aren’t almost all business accounts in the UK paid for? Honourable exception to Starling Bank, of course.

2 Likes

You’re of course correct.

I guess I’m holding on to legacy bank business relationships. In that, I pay for the account but don’t actually get anything for it. Certainly not of actual worth/benefit.

1 Like

Having access to the account is supposed to be the benefit, obviously.

this is great news, i have recently started a new company and have applied for a Monzo business account.

do you know a time scale that i would likely to be looking at before i know if i have been granted an account or not? this will allow me to begin the process of setting something else up in the meantime.

Not to make the running joke of “soon” - but you can expect to hear more about wider Business rollouts next week if all goes to plan.

10 Likes

Just to be told it will be released on 1st April then it comes around haha April Fools :joy:

1 Like

Offsetting personal account with a business one, accounting wise constitutes an interest free loan which is subject to income tax. Thus I don’t think it’s a good idea making any automatic offsetting between personal and business accounts, due to taxation impact.

2 Likes

After being on the waiting list since the summer, i messaged the team yesterday and had a little moan, then suddenly today got an invite on the app!,
opened the account within minutes, for some reason i though Monzo Business account was free (not complaining at the £5 charge) just didnt realise.

1 Like

Wider roll out happened a few days ago, i got my invite.

It was always £5

1 Like

Do they have business expense categories yet? Would anyone who’s been using it for a while like to give us an experience report?

I’m currently using coconut but would like to try monzo for business at some point.

I got my invite and set up straight away with the £5 monthly fee that came out next day and showed as expenses.

I transferred all my current funds from Coconut to MB as usual instantly, all my expenses are due out around 1st of the month so will see what categories I can select then as it may also coincide with the Plus release.

I do like the way that Coconut auto assigned the expenses though, and give you options for things like “Drawings”

Edit: The categories as the same as the standard Monzo account

1 Like

Really? I haven’t been charged yet :thinking:

I would imagine I have been charged as I added funds to the account?

That is probably it, I’m waiting for the account switch

Will there be any support for outsourced payroll or accounts payable departments with integrations to platforms like SAP, Oracle or Microsoft Dynamics AX?

Thanks, I quite like to see expenses classified in the app so sticking with coconut for now.

I do like the Coconut categories, but as some of the services I purchase are abroad I tend to get charged more in fees than Monzo’s monthly subscription.

2 Likes

Simon

I have been sent the information to set up the business bank account which h was being verified.

When I checked a day later it said that my case was being process but may take a few days.

I have just had a look today and there Is nothing there, apart from allowing me to re apply for the business account.

Do you have any way of telling me if his is still in process or I have been turned down?

kind Regards

David Watkins

2 Likes