The Colour of the Debit Card

ok - which card is which?
wallet

The v2 current account card is a shade lighter than the prepaid card, and I assume the v1 card :joy:

1 Like

Ha! youā€™re correct. It must be my eyesight.

But what about that late night purchase, after youā€™ve had a few!

Yeah I think they running out of shocking pink (Thatā€™s Hot Coral apparently) dye :smile:

If only they could make a navy blue card :laughing:

1 Like

Unlucky, if you had a mondo pre-paid card this wouldnā€™t be an issue! :joy:

2 Likes

To be fair this will be a non-issue once the prepaid offering concludes and you shred/frame the old card :grinning:

3 Likes

As much as I REALLY want a dark coloured card, @adam.williams has a point

I personally donā€™t like the idea of differentiating the cards based on money spent or possessed or the like. The traditional way banks do this is very classist and being Monzo a new revolutionary startup they have the chance of changing this.

I would suggest a choice of colours. I would put a pin or tag or something to differentiate investors, beta testers, etcā€¦ as a token of gratitude for those that contributed early on.

9 Likes

Out of curiosity if you have the CA card why do you still use the prepaid card? They are virtually the same with the exception of Monzo.me.
I withdrew the funds from my prepaid and put it away for collection as mine was a Mondo card.

Im favouring my prepaid because it is easier to pay other monzo users from your contacts list for lunch or beers etc without even going through monzo.me , and if on holiday needing magstripe you can enable it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with this post 100% A definite choice of colours, with a tag, would be perfect.

You take it out before hand and in a few months it wonā€™t matter as the prepaid card will be no longer.

9 Likes

Put a sticker on one. Or use a sharpie. Itā€™s not too hard to solve.

1 Like

Hi everyone.

Iā€™m really excited to have the chance to be part of the current account early adopters butā€¦

Letā€™s talk about the colour of the debit card.
THE SAME FLASHY PINKY THINGY? Really?

How the hell am I supposed to understand which one is the debit and which one is the top up card when Iā€™m in a rush to tap my card in the tube???

Come on Monzo, this is a big no go.
We want the debit card to be a different colour.

And to be honest? You have a great brand colour palette, where the hell the flashy pinky came from?

CHANGE THE COLOUR OF THE CARD PLEASE.

Great product for everything else.

Love,
Chris

2 Likes

Who is this we? Please donā€™t pretend to be talking as everyone as you arenā€™t

I want the debit card to be the same conversation starter as the prepaid card was, which hot coral isā€¦

Or just remove your prepaid card from your wallet simples

13 Likes

Second post. :hushed:

How to win friends and influence people.

3 Likes

Hi Christian!

Itā€™s only for a short while, whilst weā€™re in preview, that people will be able to utilise both the prepaid card and the debit card. Many of our users on our current account preview are no longer using the prepaid card (at least from what Iā€™ve seen personally) and very soon everything will be combined into one app, so upgrading to the current account will migrate your balance and transaction history and deactivate your prepaid card.

ā€œHot Coralā€ is an important part of our Monzo identity, and in previous surveys weā€™ve found that most of our users wanted us to keep it! That said, weā€™re always discussing ideas and certainly in the future we may provide colour options, but itā€™s not on our short term roadmap.

18 Likes

I never understand this.

1 Like

From another [earlier in this] thread.

3 Likes