The Colour of the Debit Card

One thing about sarcastic humour is it often doesn’t translate to the Internet well, or writing in general. Sarcasm is very dependant on tone, which written English doesn’t represent at all.

Emoji, however, do represent this quite well. I think this is a good example of why emoji use should be more widespread and Monzo is on the right track. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Emoji are not a good idea as what one emoji means to one person may not be the same as another. In particular when you find the names for certain emoji they are often trying to display a different emotion to what you think. Maybe all emoji should include their title underneath?

This is not just my opinion but a matter of common misunderstanding and you will find various articles on the subject
https://www.bing.com/search?q=emojis+that+don't+mean+what+you+think+they+do&pc=MOZB&form=MOZMBA

The designs also widely vary between phone operating systems. Yes I went there :sunglasses: Let the Android/IOs fights begin!! :rofl:

But you can find articles on anything on the interweb :sunglasses:

I would welcome a system like what people on Reddit do when being sarcastic. Use /s

4 Likes

Can we have a purple card like Starling?

3 Likes

You forgot to add /s

3 Likes

…Monese

I like the Hot Coral myself

I just found another match :star_struck:

IMG_20171122_080007

2 Likes

This is why a hot coral card makes sense.

BDEDF509-AA50-43A1-BCB3-E33EE9336A22

It was difficult to quickly identify the correct bluey/purple card I needed to use :thinking:

Colour plays an important part in communication.

8 Likes

Agreed, too many bland colours

IMG_0220

Ypu flying in for the Open Office?!

Nah dude, flying out 8th, gotta sort some stuff that weekend… I’m defo gonna go to an open office thing though for real… hopefully they have another one on a Friday night.

1 Like

You might want to check your booking. That boarding pass is for the 8th :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh yeah hotel check in the 7th fly out early doors on the 8th :joy_cat:

1 Like

i love everything about the app and account so far but for the colour of the card!! i understand you want to stand out from the crowd but in my opinion it looks like a toy/fake card and my experience from all over the world is that whoever i pass it to they always take a second glance at it!

This has been discussed here bit too much already; Please use Search top right…

3 Likes

Odd. i’ve gotten nothing but compliments about the card color. I love it!

9 Likes

You hit the nail on the head, people always take a second glance at the card. This is a clearcut brand awareness/marketing tool.

8 Likes

A really good one too! The card is well loved and people are jealous of it.

5 Likes