The Boden / Blomfield Saga

A place to chat about the early days Starling drama.

The Times leads with insights from Anne:

7 Likes

Like a scene from Dynasty, but without the shoulderpads.

1 Like

Here’s a subscriber link so hopefully it’s available outside the paywall

3 Likes

And without enough chicken

1 Like

Can’t read the full article, but this sort of revelation normally happens a bit further down the road. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(But it was always coming…:smirk:).

1 Like

I can’t read the article.

But thank god he didn’t succeed; judging by the current fortunes of both banks, it’s clear the banker knows how to run the more successful bank.

17 Likes

I remember in the early days Tom saying he’d signed and NDA and not able to talk about it all, I hope Anne speaking out voids it and he can share his thoughts if indeed he wants to.

1 Like

Strange then that she feels so keen to put the boot in now, when supposedly things are going so well

Success would have spoken both more quietly and more loudly

7 Likes

Have you read it, or basing things on a sensationalist headline in a newspaper that doesn’t like Monzo?

Im considering taking a trial if it’s interesting.

3 Likes

Ah I see curtains twitching and the neighbors starting to gossip, personally not that interested in either side of the story.

It’s my bank, money goes in, many bills come out :sob: and some gets saved, job done

10 Likes

Anyone who actually subscribes to the [Edit: The Times] Telegraph fancy posting some screenshots of the article i will love you forever :slight_smile:

Edit: I have read the article now

1 Like

It’s in The Times.

Eek, i meant Times the whole time, still behind a paywall. I think it’s time for me to go to sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Any interesting highlights? TL;DR?

Blomfield is a shit dinner party host and is socially awkward. He tried to boot Boden out of her own company but wouldn’t accept her resignation unless she took the debt with her. So he left instead. A chicken won’t feed ten people.

16 Likes

Is this a copy and paste from the article? :grinning:
Edgy…:rofl:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Screenshot the article someone please. I wanna read the article but can’t. :sob:

1 Like

I know that lots of folk want to read it, but please refrain from pasting the whole thing here. Summaries and quotes are fine, but the whole thing isn’t, I’m afraid :pensive:

3 Likes

To explain the food / chicken thing. Anne’s account:

Tom suggested to Anne that they do the silicon valley tradition of eating at the founder’s on a Sunday. Anne reluctantly agreed to have folk round, as long as Tom cooked. So Tom sent her an ingredient list, then a follow-up list of utensils and pictures of said utensils.

It was roast chicken, apparently there wasn’t enough and it was a bit of a rubbish gathering. Anne vowed never to do it again.

5 Likes