The Boden / Blomfield Saga

Truly thrilling drama. Book worthy even.

12 Likes

Ouch - a “look at me” moment from TB. Presumably the cracks were starting to show by then…:smirk:

1 Like

He sent the list and she didn’t query the amount of food?

She probably wasn’t expecting to receive a list.

Tom had obviously looked up a recipe and wasn’t going to go to buy it all…

What?! Lunch on a Sunday and you’d expect them to ask the team to buy it and cook it?

2 Likes

What was the context over the “Everybody was stunned” part where Anne went to Marlow to give Tom space to come back to the office?.

I still wanna know about Tom trying to oust
Anne from her own company how did THAT work? Please note I know it obviously didn’t work but how did that even come to pass?

According to the article, Tom had announced that he was leaving. This would mean no CTO therefore no company. Everyone was apparently stunned and Anne went home to think things over.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s very light on details. He talked people round. Ok but what was his argument? What did he think wasn’t working? What issues were they having? Passion capital obviously agreed with Tom since they quickly backed out

Details on a chicken dinner but not what was going on in the company :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oust is still a strong word to use. Yes he left and took VC along with him but is that’s an ousting?

2 Likes

I’d do the same should I ever find myself in that situation, I think. Better than trying to buy the chicken myself and then have it go off while I transport it halfway across London on the tube, say.

(That’s just for the food, but. Utensils does seem a bit excessive.)

New headline. Anne can’t cook. Details within…

1 Like
3 Likes

He had told Passion that he couldn’t work with Anne. She was then sent details to hand the company over to Tom. That’s ousting

2 Likes

Hmmmmm I’d take that with a pitch of salt…

3 Likes

There’s a cliff-hanger, folks:

Next week
‘The most intense few hours of my life’: the secretive billionaire and the £48m deal that sent Starling into flight

5 Likes

Doesn’t Passion have a huge stake in monzo?. She’s not in an unbiased position here.

There probably isn’t enough salt coz it wasn’t on the list

6 Likes

But nor is Anne.

Can we agree that both sides with have vested interests and that neither is likely to be the unadorned fact? (Notwithstanding we haven’t heard from the other perspectives, yet).

4 Likes

Oh dear that’s a bit underhand when he could of gone to the person themselves. That’s of course if things went like she is saying they went.