A little surprised this topic doesn’t exist already, but I guess much of the Avios chat is covered under the AMEX topics.
Anyhow, last week the Sainsbury’s Nectar loyalty scheme was announced as the replacement to the previous Tesco Clubcard partnership.
There’s lots more about it here: Sainsbury's is the new Avios supermarket partner!
The headlines seem to be that:
- Points can be transferred in both directions at no value loss.
- 250 Avios = 400 Nectar Points
- 400 Nectar Points = 250 Avios
- 400 Nectar Points = £2
- Suddenly every bonus Nectar offer becomes a bonus Avios offer and vice versa.
- Necar has become a great way to spend Avios with 1 Avios being worth 0.8p when spent via Nectar.
The partnership has also launched with two introductory offers:
- Convert 1600 Nectar to Avios and get a 500 Avios bonus.
- Double points on all Sainsbury’s shopping from 25/01 to 19/04.
I’m personally really happy about this. I’ve been stacking Nectar points for years and with Sainsbury’s slowly moving electricals into Argos the annual Nectar double up has lost its value to me. Being able to shift my points to Avios is great.