Sugru

Sugru’s demise has been documented and it doesnt look pretty

check the dodgy dealings, you get my drift.

I wonder how much Crowdcube knew about the T+Cs of Sugru’s loan deal before the last crowdfund.

either way it doesnt look good.

It seems unclear from that page, but what exactly is the problem caused by using Crowdcube in that example? It’s a bit like Kickstarter, you pays your money and your takes your risk - most of the time the risk pays off (Kickstarter you get the goods/Crowdcube you get a floated company paying dividends), but sometimes it doesn’t…

1 Like

Its the lack of transparency in how Crowdcube conduct their business and have the matters of shareholders at heart.

From a brief look, this appears to be consist of some quite serious accusations of failure by Sugru. I have no idea of the validity or otherwise of these, but what’s the relevance of Crowdcube? Is there a suggestion that they are at fault, too?

i’ve edited the OP as it unfairly points the finger at Crowdcube. Having said that, i wonder how much Crowdcube knew before the last raise?

What these guys?

I think what is important is to know what the bod came away with. If they didn’t also suffer a 90% loss then that is not very inclusive or ‘on brand’ for them.

Staff also received 0 share options. The sp was below the option threshold so all their hard work, and in some cases reduced salary for more options, has left them with nothing.

These are the people who worked hard to make Sugru a success and they get nothing, so I feel for them.

Not sure what the reasons behind this massive failure is but I see Sugru promoted constantly on Facebook and Instagram, even as recently as last week. Had no idea the company was sold. Surely that can’t be cheap?

Ended up £0.09 per share :sleepy:

1 Like