Starling Feedback

Haha. Girly teal to pink? :thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

Itā€™s the shade of the card of the teal lol! Itā€™s glossy as opposed to Matt :wink:

A partnership was announced in March 2017 (TransferWise teams up with digital-only Starling Bank | WIRED UK) but then ended in May this year (Starling Bank raising another Ā£80M, ends partnership with TransferWise | TechCrunch).

The partnership didnā€™t actually amass to anything.

3 Likes

Goodness me. I always forget colours have genders.

21 Likes

Iā€™ve never had a problem with people accepting printed pdfs as proof of address.
If I print a pdf, scan the printed copy and email that, they accept it as proof, but I send them the pdf directly without running it through the analogue duplication process, the donā€™t. Some people are weird :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

True and to be fair itā€™s not even true teal which is darker. But like all card the colour makes no difference to me using it :grinning:

The colour is ok, and Iā€™m not the most manly person going :thinking: but looks sparkly lol! Iā€™m sure it will grow on me, just would prefer a darker colour of teal

1 Like

Because weā€™re on a Starling focused thread on the Monzo forum.

4 Likes

I remember many people behaving the same way on the Starling forum, in particular in the Monzo vs Starling thread. Those who have certain deep perceptions will lean towards trying to confirm them - itā€™s a much-discussed phenomenon in the era of fake news called Confirmation Bias.

2 Likes

What problem?

1 Like

Irony being you are a starling user fighting your cornerā€¦ against monzo users fighting their corner :man_shrugging:

Dont forget there are alot of us in the middle that have both and are patiently waiting to see who comes out on top so the comparisons between features is almost necessary.

13 Likes

Sounds like you might be the one with tunnel vision :wink:.

7 Likes

Oh so thatā€™s why youā€™re here all the time. I thought you were just trolling.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I just like a good bank/building society

Iā€™m a nationwide user thanks

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Ever-increasing overdrafts are not a good thing though in my view - the banks hope that you get stuck in your overdraft so that they can charge you some hefty fees once you graduate.

5 Likes

They lower the interest free allowanceā€¦ in the hope, as Marcel said, that you donā€™t bother paying it off and they can make a bit of money.

4 Likes

It wasnā€™t exactly smooth sailing at re-signing up, but Starling were prompt in their reply and at fixing the situation.

The 12-month closure ā€˜banā€™ ended yesterday so I went to try and sign up yesterday and then again this morning and my mobile number was still attached to my old ā€˜closedā€™ account as it would try to log me in and then reject me as it had been blocked.

Emailed customer services to state that they needed to release my mobile number as my 12-months were over.

This evening, I resigned up as usual.

6 Likes

Given the account still exists on their system, they should just reactivate it and send out a new card. Seems cleaner than hacking around it by removing phone numbers.

4 Likes

Not saying the interest & overdraft are bad, my criticism was more about the fact itā€™s still legacy as hell, the app is meh, support is as youā€™d expect and bullshit charges all over the place (try get a direct debit declined and enjoy).

I respect the fact a bank has to make money; but I wish the charges were linked to something tangible (overdraft fees, cash deposits, sending out a new card, etc) rather than nonsense. It doesnā€™t cost anything to decline a direct debit, and the worst is that when you start getting DDā€™s declined is probably the worst time to hit someone with fees since theyā€™re already going under.

If they wanted to make money Iā€™d rather pay a monthly flat fee.

6 Likes