Starling Feedback

There are so many potential titles to support by going down this route.

Yep - having Mx is great. Do they also support Lord, Judge, MP, MBE, QC, or EUR ING (European Engineer - yep, this is a legal title!) and all the others?

What if your choice is not to be identified by a title at all?

7 Likes

No idea - But this is the follow up:

2 Likes

As far as I understand it, Monzo just automatically use Mx for everyone.

2 Likes

We have no internal concept of titles at all.

11 Likes

:raised_hands:t2: Iā€™ve never really understood the need for titles! :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I think @GalaxyMergirl would be happy with this one, I have read some grumbles about it back in the days :smile:

2 Likes

The searches from Monzo on my credit report show ā€œMxā€ before my name. Where is that coming from - Monzo, credit agency or Noddle?

1 Like

I have Mx on the searches but no title at all on the financial accounts bit for Monzo

Itā€™s a good question, and Iā€™m not too sure - @rika or @richardcadman may know the answer.

What I can confirm is that our internal customer tooling has zero concept of a title.

So, when I pull up a customers details, there are no titles anywhere in the tooling. Same if you requested all the details we hold on you, there wouldnā€™t be any reference to a title anywhere. From the looks Iā€™ve had into some of the raw unprocessed data that we have before it gets formatted or parsed into our tooling interface, the concept wasnā€™t there either (although I havenā€™t spent a huge amount of time looking into our codebase since IANAP)

If itā€™s something that the credit agency or Noddle require, then I would imagine it might come from them, unless itā€™s a situation whereby weā€™d be completely prevented from sending data to them with an incomplete required field, in which case it could be an ad-hoc append when that data gets sent out.

2 Likes

Starlingā€™s response is that some systems require a title, and they considered internally using ā€˜Mxā€™ where needed, but they went this route.

I honestly feel the Monzo approach is better for those who this matters to. Thereā€™s a huge amount of possible titles and the lack of flexibility offered just isnā€™t going to satisfy everyone.

6 Likes

I had both when Monzo searched me earlier this year - Mx and Mr.

I wonder if the Administration Review search was taken from my passport ID as it included my middle name and the Quotation Search didnā€™t.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure I read before that if something requires a title Monzo uses Mx. But I think it was on the diversity thread and Iā€™m not going there to check :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

But I like being Dr Rev Dave

1 Like

Some really good discussion going on on the Starling forum on the Monzo vs Starling thread- features, diversity chat and all. Whoever he is, this guy is absolutely cracking me up.

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/monzo-vs-starling/5202/1171

I also did not know this was a feature. Pretty cool.
https://community.starlingbank.com/t/monzo-vs-starling/5202/1228

Youā€™ll have to head over to their forum yourself to find out the result of that die roll. :wink:

6 Likes

The wife part :laughing: :laughing:

4 Likes

Same here

On my ā€œadministration review searchā€ its mr with my middle initial

On my ā€œquotation searchā€ itā€™s mx with no middle initial

1 Like

Aww, heā€™s gone now. I was enjoying that.

3 Likes

That was bizarre :thinking:

1 Like

I was literally LOLing. Though at the same time feeling bad for Starling. To lose a poll on your own forum like thatā€¦ :frowning:

6 Likes

Hope not I prefer being a miss to a mx.