Split spending transaction when someone gives you cash

My idea was influenced when I went to the cinema with my sister, I paid for it but she gave me her half in cash so on my Monzo it says I spend X in entertainment but I actually only spent half of this, the other half I now have as cash. This made my targets all wrong because I actually still have money left for entertainment since I only spent half the amount my Monzo thinks. Just an idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So a split the bill when you go in to the transaction on Monzo app.
good idea.

I would like to split cash withdrawals too. I mostly carry cash so being able to allocate parts of a withdrawal to different categories would make the budgeting stuff useful for me

2 Likes

It would be helpful to be able to split any transaction eg this week I was shopping in M&S and bought groceries plus a gift in one transaction. I would have liked to split this across two different target areas

2 Likes

I would like this as well for things like splitting Petrol from Groceries when I visit Tesco Extra. I can ask the checkout person to charge it separately but that seems annoying for them sometimes.

1 Like

When someone sends you money and you select what category it is eg eating out, deduct the value from that months spending for that category (eating out) and overall spending. For example, if you paid for a friends meal and it costs £20, they then send you £10 for their share, your overall spending on eating out is £10 not £20. Also you’re overall spending that month will be £10 less (as they sent you £10). This should account for bill splitting too.

1 Like

As someone reminded me today, this is on Monzo’s roadmap for this year :tada:

When people pay you back through Monzo-to-Monzo payments, we want to make sure your spending calculations reflect that. So when you pay the bill at a restaurant or buy a birthday present for a friend, it won’t throw your spending targets off kilter.