Special Monzo Card Design for TestFlight Users and Staff?

The transparency thing is a great idea. It represents what Monzo is about all about, being ā€œtransparentā€ with their customers and community!

@brenda selling point :joy:

4 Likes

Cool ideas! You may also want to loop in the more fun ideas on the Sensible Card thread such as non-embossed or super-minimalist).
But I have one vital requirement - replacement cards should be the same card number as the ones you have already.
Having to change my details on every online retailer every time I get a new card is getting a bit old! Iā€™ve gone from Prepay to CA early access, to CA personalised, to CA investor ā€¦ not again please!!

1 Like

Definitely a must, to keep the same card details. Though Iā€™m not sure if there are any regulations / difficulties with that. As you would have two identical cards that could both be used. Which is probably a bit of a liability in terms of fraud.

Slight side note: A while back one of the main banks in the UK (canā€™t remember who) had a current account where you could upload your own image via the online banking and have that printed as your debit card design.

Barclays

2 Likes

I hear you on this, Stephen! Iā€™ve personally lost my Monzo card twice :see_no_evil: The reason why a new 16-digit permanent account number (PAN) is supplied with every replacement card, is because most of the time, replacement cards are ordered due to them being lost or stolen. I can imagine that a new number can get really annoying though, considering the reason why youā€™re getting the replacement cards are because youā€™ve been an excellent early adopter!

Fingers crossed you wonā€™t need a new replacement card anytime soon. :+1:

1 Like

A hot coral metal card :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

card

Here is my design of the transparent card, hope you like it :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Can I put it in my phone SIM card slot? This must be how Apple Pay works :wink:

3 Likes

Duel sim phone and insert a chip into it? That would work, right?

2 Likes

If you get a bright touch you can see a shadow of some tech.

Wow what a cool idea. Maybe a card designer tool could be built into the app and applied to new and replacement cards? Or maybe you could opt to swap your hot coral card for a custom one in app?
I know Barclays had a card designer and it was limited to photos but it would be cool if you could draw your dream design (tasteful of course) onto a cardā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d only support the idea of cards for crowdfunders if there was another crowdfunding opportunity I could take part in :wink: . I wasnā€™t 18 at the last event :sleepy::cry:

2 Likes

Damā€¦ there goes my idea :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

We already have them!

Even for current accounts? The post made it sound like you guys have normal ones now for your MasterCard Debits

Yeah they re-issued them all for CAs too

Maybe tasteful one side of the card and not the other :wink:

1 Like