Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones

I finally bit the bullet, using my 1 year old coin jar, and bought some stunning Sony headphones but they’re not without their flaws :eyes:

I’ve seen them mentioned a couple of times around the forum (here & here, for example) so I’m really curious to see peoples thoughts on them! Are there any long-term users? :smiley:

In any case, I’ve written a review on them :yum: Sadly they’ll be going back to Amazon and I’ll go back to using my cheaper Sony’s but I’m really praying for a perfect “M4” version of these headphones :sunglasses:

Been umming and ahhing about buying them for months

Feared worse from your negatives

Probably will get them now

1 Like

If the worst you can find is something that will not bother me :wink:

1 Like

:eyes:

What were you expecting? :slight_smile:

Let me know how you get on with them :smiley: I definitely rate highly on the ‘fussy scale’ when it comes to tech :joy:

£300 headphones means they should be without flaws that would affect (my) daily usage, IMO :sunglasses:

When you see a review saying they will send them back you do wonder

My use case is to wear at my desk with my phone right there, so neither gloves nor buttons will affect me

In this case I can calibrate your review against your high expectations and judge it actually a good review by my needs

1 Like

Thanks for the review, I’m still getting them, I’ll have them at the desk or on the train, but I’ll control the content through my iPhone or Watch, so won’t need to use the Sony controls

2 Likes

Had the XM2 and they just weren’t that comfortable. The clamping force was too much and the ear cups were not soft or breathable enough. Ended up getting the qc35, the sound stage on it is worse but the increased comfort was worth it.

I imagine the XM3 has gotten a lot better particularly as they don’t stick out as much as the old model.

1 Like