Over ear headphones

Evening all

I’ll be needing to buy some over the ear headphones I could use to watch TV, Xbox etc My current pair are broken and won’t last long.

Was thinking of £100 would be a top price to pay.

Has anyone got a recommendation of a brand or a pair they are happy with ?

Thanks

1 Like

Would highly recommend these:

Had mine for nearly 3 years and they are still going strong. Comfortable and really high quality audio.
All I’ve had to get was replacement ear pads after the stock ones got a bit manky after a year or so.

They also just came out with a wireless version but they are a bit pricey. The wired ones just use a standard 3.5mm headphone/aux connector so will work fine with your phone/xbox, etc.

2 Likes

I cannot recommend Sennheiser enough. Personally I’d never go elsewhere for headphones.

2 Likes

Just to further confuse matters, I’ll throw in the Steel Series Arctis 5.

Should be able to get them with a tenner to spare. Super wired headset, incredible sound, very heavy duty and a good mic should you need to talk to someone on Xbox.

1 Like

These are the ones I use

Amazing headphones with amazing sound quality, can not recommend them more. Been using them for five years and they have been knocked around loads and still work great.

2 Likes

I have found their inear headphones really lacking. I was always a sennheiser fan, but some of their affordable headphones have been fairly poor. Even the wired range get poor reviews, as the quality control is nonexistent at the lower end.

I haven’t tried their over the ear headphones, as I have my Bose headphones for that need.

Their £279 earbuds with case on the other hand…

1 Like

I use the Sony MDR-1000X noise cancelling.
They have on/off noise-cancelling which is very handy for hearing traffic, and also for blocking loud Tube tunnels.

Edit: These are definitely outside the budget.

1 Like

These are well over £100 but do provide a great sound can be a bit on the heavy side if you want to wear them for a while

1 Like

These are truly epic for their price, just make 100% sure you get the 80ohm versions and not higher or else you’ll be disappointed

1 Like

Got my Apple AirPods with mobile upgrade :joy: Don’t like over ear ones at all, only use the PlayStation Gold wireless ones when gaming

1 Like

I’m about to drop a horrific amount of money on the Sony WH-1000XM3, for the under £100 range, loads of people I know have these TaoTronic ones and really like them for the money.

2 Likes

The only over-ear headphones I have are my Bose QC 35’s… but they’re definitely overkill for you and outside your budget…

(This is the newer QC 35 II model)

I do like them though - they work really well for the tube :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the current pair, https://www.reevoo.com/p/blaupunkt-112-comfort-wireless

I’m really looking for wireless so I can keep them on while I’m up and around. The headphones must have a way to receive the signal like the like the current pair as the TV is old.

I’d recommend Sennheiser

2 Likes

I’ve decided on these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JF3G0R0/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

They are more of the price range I was wanting to pay.

I have some old school technics ones and they are amazing. The probably don’t make them anymore. I’ve had them 20 years

1 Like

Spend more, Bose quiet comfort range or B&O beoplay h8, beoplay are on the ear though, using both, amazing quality.

1 Like

After giving it some thought I’ve decided to fix the current ones and will replace them when they get past the point of being fixed, they still work so why spend money when not necessary.