Over ear headphones

Evening all

I’ll be needing to buy some over the ear headphones I could use to watch TV, Xbox etc My current pair are broken and won’t last long.

Was thinking of £100 would be a top price to pay.

Has anyone got a recommendation of a brand or a pair they are happy with ?

Thanks

Would highly recommend these:

Had mine for nearly 3 years and they are still going strong. Comfortable and really high quality audio.
All I’ve had to get was replacement ear pads after the stock ones got a bit manky after a year or so.

They also just came out with a wireless version but they are a bit pricey. The wired ones just use a standard 3.5mm headphone/aux connector so will work fine with your phone/xbox, etc.

I cannot recommend Sennheiser enough. Personally I’d never go elsewhere for headphones.

(Splodf) #4

Just to further confuse matters, I’ll throw in the Steel Series Arctis 5.

Should be able to get them with a tenner to spare. Super wired headset, incredible sound, very heavy duty and a good mic should you need to talk to someone on Xbox.

These are the ones I use

Amazing headphones with amazing sound quality, can not recommend them more. Been using them for five years and they have been knocked around loads and still work great.

(👨‍💻) #6

I have found their inear headphones really lacking. I was always a sennheiser fan, but some of their affordable headphones have been fairly poor. Even the wired range get poor reviews, as the quality control is nonexistent at the lower end.

I haven’t tried their over the ear headphones, as I have my Bose headphones for that need.

Their £279 earbuds with case on the other hand…

(Phil) #7

I use the Sony MDR-1000X noise cancelling.
They have on/off noise-cancelling which is very handy for hearing traffic, and also for blocking loud Tube tunnels.

Edit: These are definitely outside the budget.

(Lancelot Payne) #8

These are well over £100 but do provide a great sound can be a bit on the heavy side if you want to wear them for a while

(Louis Otto) #9

These are truly epic for their price, just make 100% sure you get the 80ohm versions and not higher or else you’ll be disappointed

Got my Apple AirPods with mobile upgrade :joy: Don’t like over ear ones at all, only use the PlayStation Gold wireless ones when gaming

(Sacha Zarb) #11

I’m about to drop a horrific amount of money on the Sony WH-1000XM3, for the under £100 range, loads of people I know have these TaoTronic ones and really like them for the money.

The only over-ear headphones I have are my Bose QC 35’s… but they’re definitely overkill for you and outside your budget…

(This is the newer QC 35 II model)

I do like them though - they work really well for the tube :slight_smile:

This is the current pair, https://www.reevoo.com/p/blaupunkt-112-comfort-wireless

I’m really looking for wireless so I can keep them on while I’m up and around. The headphones must have a way to receive the signal like the like the current pair as the TV is old.

(Simmy) #14

I’d recommend Sennheiser

I’ve decided on these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JF3G0R0/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

They are more of the price range I was wanting to pay.

I have some old school technics ones and they are amazing. The probably don’t make them anymore. I’ve had them 20 years

(Omar) #17

Spend more, Bose quiet comfort range or B&O beoplay h8, beoplay are on the ear though, using both, amazing quality.