Somebody has been (poorly) pranking Monzo with URLs

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t even matter :joy:

I blame aliens though :alien:

2 Likes

Maybe @Jays6 can, s/he seems to really like Monzo (I know it’s a play on the Tyrannosaurus rex)

Okay who beat me to this domain?!

I’m about 6 hours too late to discovering this thread. :sob:

4 Likes

I doubt it was E.T. He likes to use the phone and we all know CS does not like answering the phone :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Missed my chance 10 hours ago :joy:

Loving the GIF that it has been directed towards though

1 Like

I’m just surprised watchdog didn’t buy it with their cover last year.

3 Likes

It’s just not what they do

So you joined to tell us that?

Very kind of you.

3 Likes

That’s funny :laughing:

I’m not 100% convinced it’s Starling either except for the fact that they have done this before

Surely if it was Starling they would stump up the ‘big bucks’ and buys the domain monzo.sucks :

It’s all very immature though. My guess is it’s just a disgruntled customer. I think a company like Starling would be more classy (Starling’s previous stunt at least showed a small amount of friendly banter rather than an all out immature attack)

(Also Monzo ought to bag that domain, as should any company bag their own brand. But I really don’t know why that TLD was ever approved to be honest as it’s inevitably only ever going to be used by hostile and angry customers…)

1 Like

I agree with this. Also, I don’t think any company would want to risk finding themselves in hot water over a silly website

1 Like

Yep. I’m no expert in PR but a company making a true statement that another company ‘sucks’ either needs solid grounding (some kind of solid evidence that they really do ‘suck’) or otherwise it comes across as ridiculously childish. Might as well be ‘monzosmells.com’ in that case.

I mean that would actually be far funnier…

This thread has literally made my morning :sweat_smile:

still goes to Starling for me :woman_shrugging:

Hm… for me it’s Fintech talk forum, not Starling

2 Likes

Fintech form for me, so if people are still seeing Starling then either there’s some local caching going on, or the change is still propagating through the DNS system.

Ooh! That’s a new innovation angle for Monzo to try! Scratch-and-sniff debit cards!

3 Likes

Be quite literally be someone off Monzo stole my money, now they’ve got that money back of course

Looks like a prank as @SouthseaOne suggested.

Suddenly the WHOIS data is there monzosucks.com whois lookup - who.is so this has got to be a windup

All getting a bit meta now:

2 Likes