So Why does the Post Office refuse the Monzo Card

They like to process it this way because if they do a withdrawal, they earn a fee for doing a banking service, even if you’re just spending money there.

If they just ‘charged’ your card in a regular card payment kind of way, they would’ve been charged for the privilege of doing so.

Actually PayPoint has been around for years and is quite instrumental for a lot of consumers and companies. I remember back when I was a kid and our utility meter had a key fob like thousands if not million others, and you took them to the shop and had to “top up” with however much and then put the key in the meter.

PayPoint is still used today for those types of things and is also used for a lot of other things but I can’t remember

1 Like

You can get your parcels delivered there and return them too.

I’m sure there’s plenty more but that’s all I can add to the list off the top of my head

A good time to remind Monzo why PayPoint is a horrendous, unethical company for small retailers:

Which is typically why I use the Co-op. And, being a chain, they tend to be better trained on what to do.

2 Likes