I’m now in the market for a smart home security system and it would be great to have it play nicely with all my other devices
I was pretty much sold on the the Arlo pro 2 system because:
- Alarm siren
- 2 way communication
- Motion tracking
- 3 second look back so they’re not always recording and wasting power
- Pair with security lights
- Free 7 day cloud storage
- Can be used in or outdoor (I mostly want outdoor)
Then I found the downsides:
- Most functionality can’t be used unless hardwired in - cabling not supplied.
- They’re mounted magnetically so easy to steal
- Someone suggested putting them high up which then means the 2 way audio won’t work and it’s more of a hassle to switch the batteries
- The alarm only comes out of the hub, which won’t be heard in some areas of the property.
Now I’m stuck with what to go with The Nest ones seem very pricey and they need a subscription
Has anyone any suggestions or feedback from using some?
I found this 8 month old topic but it’s mainly for IP cams and 8 months is a long time in technology terms