Show how transaction was made (eg: Apple/Google Pay, contactless, chip & PIN etc...)

Sorry, by “Online” I meant the card number and CVC have been used to make the payment.

1 Like

Could it not be on the detail page?

7 Likes

That would work too. I tho k I misunderstood the OP - I thought they meant in the feed, which I prefer to be uncluttered.

Why would you need to know how you paid for something?

What use does it have?

It means I’m not chatting with the customer service to report fraud, just to find out it was me.

1 Like

How can you forget when you get merchant info along with the transaction?

If for some reason you still can’t remember surely you’d still have doubts so you’d check with Monzo regardless? :man_shrugging:

I check my account maybe once every two months, sometimes longer.

I do not remember every TX I made, especially when the merchant data is so poor. For example Monzo says I have been to Whetherspoons, but I have not.

If I can see that it was authenticated I do not worry it wasn’t me.

Wow! :scream:

4 Likes

Couldn’t this just be shown somewhere when we click on each transaction

4 Likes

I sometimes can’t remember how I paid for something. Especially if of months ago.

Personally, I don’t think this really needs to be justified to the extreme. Some folk would like the information (I’d like it at the bottom of the transaction screen together with the raw transaction detail from the merchant) and some wouldn’t feel the need to look at it. But would it take anything away from your experience at all?

5 Likes

I never claimed that it would. I was just curious why that information would be valuable to someone. :confused:

Seems like it’s for those who don’t keep on top of their finances by checking transactions regularly. :+1: So now I have my answer :grin:

1 Like

Definitely not the case for me. But different priorities for different folk, I suppose.

Might be handy for people to tot up their contactless card transactions to see when they are likely to need to make a Chip and PIN transaction.

2 Likes

On the transaction detail page, Starling displays “Google Pay”, “Direct Debit”, “Contactless”, “Fitbit Pay”, etc. It takes up hardly any room and Monzo could add this very easily without requiring any sort of redesign.

9 Likes

Am curious to see how that looks. Could you post an example?

Also, how does Starling handle payments made via PayPal? Is there some indicator that the payment was via PayPal?

My Starling transaction detail shows the amount, then directly underneath, how it was made.

Currently, I can see:

Pending Google Pay
Settled Google Pay
Settled Online Payment

It’s not connected to my PayPal, so cannot comment on that, but would expect similar.

2 Likes

Another data point for me to track and graph?

Voted!

2 Likes

Is that info included in searches by any chance?

For example can you search for all transactions with a particular merchant that used Google Pay?

e.g. Costa AND “Google Pay”

This is what it looks like in the details of the transaction. It doesn’t look like you can search for the payment method.

2 Likes

Answer: No :pensive:

2 Likes