Share your Spotify Wrapped! 🎧

I was pretty glad I would not have to say its bladee lol.

No surprises from mine

2 Likes

Are there even this many genres?

2 Likes

Yeah I was wondering about hundreds of genre’s too.

My minutes went up slightly from 50k last year to 55k, although I moved to YT music earlier in the year.

Does anyone know if the stats are December - December or just January - December.

This is where I miss out being on Apple Music?

3 Likes

Kind of.

When music is delivered to Spotify it’s delivered according to the DDEX spec. The spec doesn’t standardise genres so one distributor may supply ‘Alt Pop’ as a genre, and another may supply ‘Alt-pop’.

I suspect Spotify are counting each of these individually.

https://kb.ddex.net/display/HBK/Genres?desktop=true&macroName=float

1 Like

Can confirm, every vaporwave sub genre is separate on spotify but then things like citypop often get tagged as just J-pop. (It’s a subgenre of J-pop influenced by western music of the 70’s and 80’s)

But is boriswave included in those sub vaporwaves eh? (Yes its a thing)

I believe it’s January 1st - October 31st 2020 based on the fact that for artists to get their version they have to have had music live on Spotify within that period.

Also, fun fact, you can go to the search bar in Spotify and type in for example genre:vaporwave and it will bring up all of the tracks on the service with that specific genre.

1 Like

Ahh forget Christmas, Spotify Wrapped is my favorite time of year finding out how much my music taste has changed in the past annum! :partying_face:

2 Likes

obscure music taste lol

Mmmm interesting year. So I still love Yung Pinch - an artist i discovered when I went to a G-Eazy gig (Ahhh remembet those days?!)

1 Like

I had a feeling this album from paradise lost is gonna dominate… :joy:

2 Likes

Ghosts quality track :slight_smile: nice list as well.

Don’t think this will change in 2021.

3 Likes

Yeah, didn’t change.

3 Likes

3 Likes

That’s a lot of Collision Course loops.

@simonb, is that you? :eyes:

4 Likes