Share Value

I think that’s more of a ‘will get’ rather than ‘are getting’ since it’s been established elsewhere that investors are not front-and-centre for the current CA preview but will be so when the full service is launched later on.

2 Likes

But what would the point of being an investor? If everyone got the same treatment? I’d love to invest in tesla or bitcoin but just because I want to doesn’t make me eligible for any of there investors benefits? Yes I get that it is pot luck in getting picked but that’s just life you don’t get everything you want, a pie is only so big so it has a limited number of slices and a lot of people want a slice of monzo pie. Just keep your fingers crossed for next time and pray to the monzo gods! Best of luck

Because you think Monzo will do well and your investment will grow. Monzo decided to offer investor perks, but they didn’t need to. The point of investing is because you think it makes financial sense. If you were to invest in Apple or Google or anyone else, I can tell you how many perks or early access opportunities you would get: 0.

3 Likes

Bitcoin is not a stock, but a currency and investing in Bitcoin is not the same as investing in Monzo. I would respectfully suggest you understand what you are doing before you begin ‘investing’.

6 Likes

I’m new in the Monzo community. Everything I’d been reading had been friendly until now. C’mon old chap. Be kind to everyone; you don’t know what they’ve got going on in their lives.

All the best.

1 Like

Well actually it has been classed as an investment because back in 2009 Loads of people bought into bitcoin I can’t think of the sum of hand but I think it was 5000 bitcoin for $27 and now that’s worth upwards of $880000 so I’d call that an investment it’s all about jumping on board while something good is just starting and waiting for it to completely take off end restults £££££, investment is to put money into something when it’s worth less and wait till it’s worth more, therefore I’d say bitcoin was an investment for “some people” just like monzo will be for us investors :blush: And your an investor so it was irrelevant to you in anyway you just had to have an attack I’m only 21 and yes I am learning about investment but that doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion or say.

2 Likes

What is the minimum amount of shares you need to get an ‘investor’ card? If it’s just 1 I’d pay double the value of 1 share for it, since I’ve not had luck in the crowdfunding rounds yet :smile:.

the minimum pledge amount was £10 previously - which would have been about 10 shares in the last round - no future funding round or minimum investment amounts have been mentioned by Monzo yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Ian for your reply it’s just interesting to see the different price per share for monzo and revolut, I guess we will find out next year.

very much up in the air at this stage - depends on how well Monzo can negotiate what amount of the company they are selling for what price - I wouldn’t be surprised to see from an £87,000,000 post money valuation in the last round to a £ 350,000,000 - £400,000,000 post money valuation in the next round :wink: on those sort of figures obviously depending on the dilution - Im assuming around 20% ish the shares next time would cost about £3.70 ish , finger in the air spitting etc etc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is there or will there be anywhere we can keep an eye on the share price?

the “share price” won’t change from £2.35 ish until the next funding round, then it will be another fixed valuation - there isn’t really a market to buy and sell shares easily at the moment - you are maybe thinking about being able to see a share price for a Public company such as Lloyds Bank or BP etc on the stock exchange - Monzo won’t get to this stage until it lists on the stock exchange with an IPO only at that point will the share price be available on a daily basis with market makers dealing in buying and selling Monzo shares :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ah okay! thank you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Morning guys
Not too sure if this is the right post to discuss this, but am I able to still invest into monzo? Or is the investment available to investors that already have shares?
Thanks
Ricardo

This round is only for those who have previously invested - it is a slight anti-dilution measure.

There is a more general crowdfunding round planned for next year.

1 Like

Great!
Thanks Dave :slight_smile:

Interesting that Monzo’s job description for Chief Financial Officer states “ In the next 3-4 years, it’s likely you’ll be responsible for taking the company through an IPO.”

That’s a very specific timeframe, isn’t it? Will we see Monzo on the Nasdaq at some point between 2021 and 2021? (sic) :thinking:

2 Likes

Now that is interesting. Nice to see they have a clear timeline in mind.

Hi Ian looks like the share price has gone up to £3.07 a share :grin:

where did you find this information?
just like to keep myself updated :yum: