See your mortgage in Monzo šŸ  [Mortgage Referrals pilot live šŸš€]

A nice graph showing the downwards trend would be good, Iā€™m assuming it pulls that historical data from the CRA so can update each month or so when it gets updated

5 Likes

I thought it took account of my overpayments on a monthly basis, but looking closer at the maths, I think it is just working it out from that original agreed payment

3 Likes

Which is wildly wrong and inaccurate. I think itā€™s risky Monzo showing it, it doesnā€™t take into account interest paid, or any changes Iā€™m interest rates or fixed rates etc. :confused:

4 Likes

Itā€™s too good.

Can we mandate for mortgage providers to share more details about mortgages to the credit agencies?

For example, credit cards have ā€œpromo/no promo rateā€ status codes i.e. on a deal / deal finishing / deal finished? Maybe the interest rate too, and overpayment buffer?

3 Likes

I guess as a general overview itā€™s helpful, but for it to work properly, it needs open banking, which just doesnā€™t really exist for mortgage products.

1 Like

No! Not to credit agencies!

But Iā€™m totally on board with open banking coming to mortgages with all that stuff included!

3 Likes

Or let me add some details myself. Like what my current rate is, when it expires, how much I pay a month.

Then when/if this information is available via other means update it automatically instead.

1 Like

They probably already have all that data, they just donā€™t show it in a view on any of the apps

As Peter has said, manual accounts for savings would be awesome. Or using same / similar approach to those budgeting apps like Lumio where I can see Marcus, Crowdcube etc so that weā€™re getting closer to a net worth figure in Monzo. If youā€™re grabbing data from credit agencies, Iā€™m assuming you could represent other loans in the same way? That would be cool too.

2 Likes

This is a great starting point.

I think as others have said would be good to link the payment from Monzo/connected accounts. I over pay, so would be good to include that. A graph would also be nice, but the progress bar works well.

Itā€™s annoying that itā€™s not being updated on credit files very quickly. Iā€™m at 42 days, and two payments have been made and not accounted for. Not a Monzo problem of course

2 Likes

This is cool. Two things that immediately stand out

• I have too many cards to swipe across now, I donā€™t think the UI works anymore. Maybe the ā€œzoomed outā€ view should be default

• To be truly useful it needs to show me when my fix rate ends, if thatā€™s possible, as I can view my mortgage payments atm via the data feeds as a Premium Customer

• Bonus third thing, I think Monzo should be broken down into Assets - Current Account, Pots/Savings accounts and Liabilities - Flex, Credit Cards and Mortgages. This would work with the ā€œzoomed outā€ view

• Extra bonus fourth thing, a mortgage calculator would be cool so that I can see how changing term/interest rate affects how long it would take to pay off

9 Likes

Theyā€™re working on that!

5 Likes

I like this. The setup was super easy so kudos to that and it works as expected.

My only comment would be not too sure in the case of a mortgage how useful that percentage bar is.

4 Likes

This is pretty cool - will be curious to see how this changes in the app when I remortgage soon to a different provider

1 Like

If you read the T&Cā€™s for this mortgage view, it does mention something to do with this, so it might show up nearer the time along with suggestions of providers to use :eyes:

2 Likes

Feedback given in-app.

As for posts hereā€¦

This :point_up:

But then this :point_up::point_up: beats the previous ā€˜This :point_up:ā€™ - because youā€™re manually in control of the value in the manual account (no Zoopla/etc. link needed).

Same. A ā€˜Refreshā€™ icon/button that worked here would be :man_cook:'s :kiss: (:ok_hand:) - my in-app feedback referred to this - auto-refresh every 30 days - or (even better) - be able to designate a mortgage transaction (payment) from a Monzo account which triggers a refresh of the connected Mortgage account a few days later. Sorted.

All feature-wishes aside, thank the Lord :pray::

Screenshot_20221212-194623

4 Likes

Thinking about it, if the trends data could let me know what changing my mortgage rate/term does to my left to spend that would be pretty neat. Also, I only own half of my mortgage so it would need to divide everything (payments/asset) by two

2 Likes

Ooh, financial modelling. Yes please!

1 Like

So I initially thought this was a Monzo thing. But itā€™s the same with the other TransUnion apps (Credit Karma etc). :frowning:

2 Likes

One other thing. Enabling it, for me at least, pushed it in front of the connected accounts on the Home Screen.

Would be good to be able to reorder it so it showed at the bottom since itā€™s the one Iā€™m least likely to check.

4 Likes