See your credit card balance in Monzo

This is… GREAT NEWS.
Love my Amex card.

1 Like

Halifax credit cards please :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will this be facilitated on both single and joint accounts?

1 Like

Can’t wait for Amex integration.

Many people asking why Amex. For me it comes down to cash back and, most importantly, customer service. Extremely fast response times, and I’ve always dealt with the most courteous and professional people.

Also, I don’t know why they have this reputation for not being accepted anywhere. I haven’t found a place yet…

3 Likes

Mostly smaller stores but not always. I tried using Amex to subscribe to Nintendo’s online service and it wasn’t accepted. Up until very recently it wasn’t accepted in IKEA!

It’s in their plans to give you the option of where you would like to add the card. So you could choose personal, joint or perhaps business when they arrive.

1 Like

That sounds good, but what I would really love is for monzo to categorize the transactions done with the credit card.
At the moment 99% of my transactions are done with amex, so it looks like I spend all my money in one category: Finance … when paying the credit card.

2 Likes

Just set this up in my account. Will there be more functaionality in the future? Slightly disappointed that you can’t see anything other than the balance.

There is! Below are screenshots of the flow if you click on a card and to allow you to make payments to your credit card.

This is in labs as it’s the first iteration of the functionality. There will more than likely be other cards being added and maybe even transactional data.

https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-labs-connected-credit-cards/63487/159?u=adinus

4 Likes

This looks great! I’d love to get all my banking in one place!

1 Like

I can add a Barclaycard integration but not Amex?

It had been aimed to add AMEX first, but there are some issues between TrueLayer and AMEX holding it up, so for now they have moved on to completing Barclaycard, which was second most popular around these parts

6 Likes

A quick general question: Is credit card integration an aspect of Open Banking that all providers will be adopting at some point, or is this a Monzo specific idea?

The main high street banks are required to make their current accounts accessible via open banking APIs. I’m not sure if they are (or will also be) required to make their savings accounts and credit cards accessible via open banking APIs (although I suspect they will do even if not required), or if the requirement will extend to smaller banks or credit card providers.

I don’t believe there is any requirement for banks to build account aggregation services into their apps like what Monzo are doing here. However many banks are already doing it. For example, HSBC Connected Money, which includes credit card support, has been out for around a year.

1 Like

Is the plan to bring this to every credit card provider in future? I’d love to be able to see those balances in Monzo but my cards are neither with Amex nor Barclaycard.

1 Like

Looks like they do for Credit Cards:

1 Like

Ah yes, I remember reading that now.

But its still unclear to me if that requirement is only going to apply to credit cards from the main banks or if it will apply to all banks and credit card providers.

1 Like

just added my barclaycard, very simple, would love transaction added to support overall budget tracking that monzo does so well

Any news as to when AMEX will be added?

2 Likes

I hope soon, would make a nice single experience for me