Security - More options on types of transactions

For example, with Revolut you are able to enable and disable transactions by method:

• Chip and Pin
  • Magstripe (already present)
  • Contactless
  • eCommerce
  • Apple Pay

Within this functionality, I’d also like to see the ability to disable the physical card but Apple Pay remain active.

(John Woods) #3

I was just about to create a post about this too when I came across this one.

Can someone from Monzo comment on this and whether it is something on the roadmap? I too would love to see the ability to restrict types of transactions as mentioned above.

This would be super useful for people who have lost their card, but still have their phone.

I also know a couple of people who really dislike contactless because they think it’s too easy to spend.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #5

Does freezing your card stop all transactions or just ones using the actual card itself? If it’s the latter then that should cover it.

It stops all transactions including Google/Apple Pay. I think the idea is that this way you could pick and choose which transaction methods were active. For example: if you don’t like using contactless you could disable it or if your card goes missing but you still have your phone you could disable all transaction methods except Apple/Google pay.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #7

Yep I understood that part. Just questioning the freeze card feature as I’ve never used it but now I know, thanks :slight_smile: