✅ Scrap the Graph

Good to know I’m not alone - I hope they listen and at least give an option to remove.
Thanks for the link to other thread👌🏻

1 Like

I’d echo that somewhat. As someone who is fortunate enough to have plenty money in my account, and never in my overdraft; this graph doesn’t add any value to understanding my finances to be honest. Like you said, it’s just a steadily downward trending line and that’s all it will ever be (for me).

I don’t feel like I need the space back for transactions, but rather something more useful there would be great. If there isn’t anything more useful, then just give the space back, maybe. Seems like having this graph is mostly useful for people who really need to see how long their money will last them month-to-month, so maybe only show it for accounts which aw relatively “tight” every month?

2 Likes

scrap the graph

1 Like

It’s unlikely. “Custom” User Interfaces are rearely used by the majority of users. The BBC have some research around this; typically it’s not a good use of engineering time becuse so few people would use it. Hense why I suggested a smarter approach where the UI adapts to dofferent thpes of users, showing it to people it’s actually useful for.

We’ve looked at custom UI options at my work too, and while they sound appealing when explained, it seems to be a concept that the majority of ordinary users just don’t understand, think about or “bother” to use.

5 Likes

It’s probably tied into everything so that might not be so simple.

As for it randomly appearing… It shows after you’ve been using your account for 2 months because it will have gathered enough data by then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hugo at Monzo acknowledged last year that the pulse graph in its current form doesn’t work:

I would think Monzo are trying to have a working replacement built before nuking the current pulse.

3 Likes

Could you explain more about how the pulse graph is causing you issues since you sufferer from this serious mental health issue?

11 Likes

It’s also worth mentioning that Pulse (+ a few other things), are now getting a redesign so hopefully it’ll be made more useful soon -

2 Likes

I don’t think this kind of negativity is really necessary, no doubt why someone felt it necessary to report your first comment. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, as they say.

12 Likes

Equally, it has been complained about for a long time and until recently Monzo has its head in the sand over it. I’m sure Monzo are grown up enough not to take negative comments about a feature to heart.

2 Likes

Who said Monzo were taking negative comments to heart? That said, if I was responsible for the graph and then read this topic, I’d be pretty disheartened, got to say.

My point (subtle as it was) is that, rather than point out what you don’t like, maybe make suggestions as to how it could be improved.

5 Likes

I’ll be on the naughty step by tea time.

2 Likes

Just an option to disable it would be fine.
It looks like my screen is cracked.image

1 Like

Looks even worse on the iPad :joy:

To be fair, the app isn’t designed or optimised for the iPad yet.

1 Like

Strange comment as the app on iPad looks exactly the same as it does on iPhone.

Do you know whet stage the iPad optimisation program is currently at I would be interested to know being a relative newbie to Monzo?

I don’t think they’ve said they have any immediate plans to do this

2 Likes

Can’t see what changes could be made both versions look identical and function exactly the same.

What @HoldenCarver means is the app isn’t built for iPad so what you’re seeing is the iPhone app just bigger which is what iOS does when an app isn’t built for iPad.

3 Likes