Scheduled & recurring Monzo-to-Monzo payments

I’m sure I read somewhere that work is being done on the payments section (sure me if I’m wrong!). Hopefully it won’t be a Plus feature.

1 Like

I can schedule payments to existing payees. This is the flow for me.

• Tap payee
  • Tap account from list of accounts
  • Tap next (after checking details and transfer type)
  • Enter amount and reference and choose schedule option

I’m not sure if the request here is for this to be more streamlined?

This request has 79 votes on the earlier topic;

1 Like

I’ve looked and the flow is as you say if the other person’s account is with another bank. If they have a Monzo account, there’s no way to create a scheduled payment from the profile.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for responding :+1:

For me the flow is this (iOS and non Plus user)

• Tap payee
  • They only have a Monzo account so no option to select from list of accounts
  • ‘Send’ is the only next option
  • ‘Amount’ is the next step (no ability to do anything else)
  • ‘Send’ is the next step (no ability to change this to a schedule)
  • I went so far as to send £1 test

There was no option at any stage to set this as scheduled for me.

Noting @davidwalton suggests an earlier topic and so happy to revert to that and vote.

Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers David,

Noting the problem is centred around my pal having only a Monzo account - thanks for your help!

P

1 Like

Thanks Jamie,

Yes, indeed the flow seems to be from that perspective! My pal is Monzo only so that is why I noticed it. Have just tested with another pal who has a bank account with NatWest and the schedule option is there, plain and simple :man_shrugging:

Noting the other post that has votes on it. Hopefully will be looked at.

P

For my non-Monzo payees there is a ‘list’ even if I only have one account for them (just a list of one).

But it’s now clear this is an issue specific to Monzo-to-Monzo payees. Just tried for a Monzo-to-Monzo contact and now see what you mean.

1 Like

maybe someone from the @Coral-Crew could merge these threads

Very surprised actually this hasnt been resolved, almost like a decentive in a way for being full monzo.

2 Likes

Dude I am shocked this isn’t a feature yet. I mean seriously…

2 Likes

If this helps at all, I would find this feature quite useful too. One of the biggest reasons I use Monzo is due to how faff free it is. So being able to easily schedule a payment to my joint account would be lovely.

This needs to be a feature surely! Why can’t I schedule a payment to my joint account without having to use the faster payments network which removes profile pics and uses full names etc.?

1 Like

It’s 2021, Monzo Joint Accounts have been a thing for genuinely years now, but I have to set up a full payment to move money between my current and joint accounts. C’mon guys, give the people what they want!

2 Likes

Still not possible to schedule a monzo customer to monzo customer payment?

If this is a security risk issue then how about a workaround where I can in-app request from a monzo contact their ac/sort code and they can just approve/disapprove and then auto fill the scheduled payment page, or keep their ac/sort code in their contact info for future use.

Kind of lame that you can’t do this still, tbh.

1 Like

Cheeky little bump on this thread…

Would very much like this feature please Monzo Gods.

2 Likes

Any updates from the Monzo team? Still not an option… :ghost:

1 Like

Hey there! I can see that this has been on the roadmap since 2018! I am really hoping that at least some part of this feature set is in the works as it would massively help the current workflow that I have for moving moneys every month from my current account (where I get paid) to my joint account (where all of our household outgoings are withdrawn from). This is the current process

• Set up a scheduled bank transfer for each payment (to make it easier to edit in future) for the day after the payment date (I have about 12)
  • I have a pot in the joint account for each payment, with the direct debit pointing to each of their respective pots.
  • Two days after the payment date the money sent to the joint account has individual scheduled deposits into each of the pots (it’s the day after because Monzo would have a race condition if the Current → Joint and the Joint → Pot scheduled payments were on the same day, as a time period cannot be set for the deposit which makes sense)

This is a complex set up but it works for me, and is only complex because the Monzo - Monzo transfer feature doesn’t exist. What would make it much much easier is that if I can schedule a Monzo - Monzo payment for a specific date, but also configure that payment to go directly into a pot and not into the main balance, Which would half the number of scheduled deposit events I need to manage.

Fingers crossed at least some of this creeps into the platform soon! Thanks Team

This has been implemented on Android!

Can anyone confirm is it’s been added to iOS?

It would be good to have some indication that the scheduled payment is going to a Monzo account on this screen though: