Sat Nav App recommendations

I can’t comment on the other services but if you choose Google, make sure you download the map first so you’re not using data or reliant on good signal.

1 Like

I used to use TomTom app on my iPhone. One reason for this is the quality of the traffic data. Whilst all mapping companies have access to similar data (highways agency feed for example) how they process that into the app, how up to date it is, or what additional sources they integrate it with makes a real difference to how well it works in the real world.

TomTom started creating their traffic models years ahead of most other players, and also use data gathered from other TomTom users for road speed through incidents which can help avoid un-necessary diversions.

I also really like the option of month-by-month subscriptions or year commitments as this has saved me money during the lockdown.

The main reason I use it though is I like the interface, find it clear and accurate and rarely miss a turn or take a wrong roundabout exit when I’m using it.