Best travel apps according to Wired

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/best-travel-apps-android-iphone

One of the best travel app selections I’ve seen recently and of course it includes Monzo.

(Kieran McCann ) #2

CityMapper is one of the best apps in my opinion. It saves my ass when I travel In London, I just can read those bloody tube maps.

AppInTheAir Is one that wasn’t on the list that I also like. I don’t travel a lot but it is useful even without paying the premium. Especially for tracking your flights what airports you’ve been too along with the plane types and name. (I love tracking all that info).

I agree about Citymapper, it’s brilliant. I also like to use Google Maps as it’s faster and more versatile.

I like AppInTheAir for its statistics but I prefer TripIt Pro as a travel assistant. What I do is sync my TripIt itinerary to AppInTheAir to get the best of both apps. Kayak is also catching up fast.

Lots of my friends seem to use citymapper but I’ve always stuck with Google Maps. Am I missing out on anything?

I prefer HERE Maps, it is just a matter of personal taste.

(Kieran McCann ) #6

Citymapper actually routes all of the tube station stops over/underground and DLR. so it give you a whole list and step by step direction which is handy (I’m not sure if google maps does this)

(Change Works) #7

It will also advise you which carriage would be best to sit in.

I also find Citymapper gives better routings than Google Maps, especially in London. But Citimapper is limited to a few cities plus it doesn’t have all the tools Google Maps has. For me, a combination on Waze, CityMapper and Google Maps works best.

(Kieran McCann ) #9

I have heard a lot of good things about TripIt I just don’t travel enough to need something as in depth. :+1:t2: