Sandwich Chat

Right actual sandwich talk

Morrisons meal deal is now £3

But I normally get the spicy chicken pasta or the chicken and bacon sandwich

Two slices of crap bread and crap fillings. No thanks. Not yet found a decent ‘supermarket’ sandwich. Prove me wrong!

slaps down gauntlet

Supermarket sandwiches are terrible but I always end up buying meal deals because I keep forgetting to make my own better & cheaper ones at home.

What vastly improves a supermarket sandwich is putting it under the george foreman grill when you get back to work :ok_hand:

Or bypass the sandwiches on the go and walk to the microwavable meal for one aisle and get yourself a Jalfrezi or Pad Thai instead to stink out the office.

Hope my post doesn’t get flagged for being off topic.

hahaha :rofl: or fish finger sandwiches :drooling_face:

#backontopic

fish finger sandwiches would be impressive to make in the office, I guess you could theoretically use the toaster :thinking: just need to make sure its defrosted and cooked through or the afternoon won’t be fun…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:face_vomiting: :toilet:

We’re posh and have a double oven and all the usual kitchen appliances, in fact there are some other gizmos in there too.

Thinking out loud, why am I not using these :see_no_evil: :laughing:

1 Like

Fuck it. Do a full roast every day.

3 Likes

Now it’s getting off topic

I just get the £1 full english from the canteen.

I eat meal deals as I can’t be bothered to make food outside of work.

Is it, though?
IMG_3458

4 Likes

That looks amazing! :open_mouth:

I wish we had a canteen. We have an ice-cream style van that comes and sells sandwiches but he only does a hot meal special once a week. It’s usually a curry or chilli.

Ooh - and is that gravy on the chicken?

Winner, winner - chicken butty

There used to be an amazing Sandwich shop near where I work, proper deli style with super fresh and quality ingredients.

Everyones favourite was a #17.

Super soft ciabbata
Mustard Mayo
Roast Chicken
Sliced Avocado
Chorizo
Emmental Cheese.

This place closed down at least 2 years ago and I still haven’t got over it./

New business venture?

I’ve already thought of your name…

Sandwich Library :smiley:

2 Likes

Roast Dinner Sandwiches LTD

Please can this become real

1 Like

Can Yorkshire pudding wraps be included in a sandwich discussion?

Please don’t flag me.

1 Like

What the… first of, what is a yorkshire pudding wrap? Are you using the pudding as the wrap? do you flatten it out first? What does Yorkshire think of this!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS!

You’ve never heard of them :open_mouth:

A couple of years ago they became the newest craze. Generally you find them at Christmas Markets now and they come in all sorts of different varieties.

It’s essentially your Sunday Dinner in a wrap but the pudding is the wrap - it even includes gravy. You can get beef, pork, lamb, chicken or cranberry instead of gravy if you prefer.

Here are some images to make your eyes drool but do Google it to see more :laughing:

1 Like

Not seen these in Glasgow no… can they be deep-fried? :wink:

1 Like