Revolut user very disappointed with Monzo

This is great feedback :heart_eyes: I should have got back to you soonerā€¦

anyway

that sounds good to me!

Monzo has this already :tada: itā€™s opt in & if you donā€™t have a data connection, Monzo is smart enough to check other indicators too (much smarter than your legacy bank anyway) -

Monzo disables Magstripe withdrawals by default but they can be temporarily enabled.

Some of the other community members have already followed up on this point but since you mentioned it -

Text from this blog post.

The magnetic stripe on the back of your card contains information about your card, including the long number on the front (your ā€˜Primary Account Numberā€™) and your card verification code (CVC). Because this isnā€™t encrypted, fraudsters can easily steal it by using ā€˜skimmersā€™ attached to legitimate ATMs or payment terminals and print it onto the magnetic stripe of a blank card to make a counterfeit.

This is an interesting one - am I right in thinking that youā€™re worried about card clash here? Users have requested a setting to disable contactless for this reason before, does Revolutā€™s work for this? Iā€™m not 100% sure that a setting thatā€™s controlled by the issuer would work for this - I genuinely donā€™t know.

same here :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think it is, the problem is the added friction & the fact that it could actually make the app less secure, if itā€™s relied upon to protect features within the app - funnily enough, this came up today in the developerā€™s Slack channel & Daniel (one of the Monzo team), pointed out that itā€™s the recovery process, if the user forgets their PIN, thatā€™s likely to be the weak spotā€¦

Even Iā€™m surprised that Monzoā€™s beating Amex in this area - thatā€™s great to hear!

Fair enoughā€¦itā€™s worth remembering that Monzo has a Holiday category that you can automatically assign your transactions to, to separate them from the rest of your spending too thoughā€¦[quote=ā€œmk1, post:16, topic:7427ā€]
Just want to give feedback to help.

Hope that helps clarify
[/quote]

As I said, this was great feedback, thanks for putting so much thought into it :raised_hands: