Revolut chat

My “early salary” became “late” salary yesterday. Instead of 5pm it came at 4am - usually a BACS credit would be earlier in the morning. Awaiting an explanation, for what it’s worth!

1 Like

One important factor to consider: Revolut introduces the features without rigorous testing. That’s why we see a lot of complaints about app getting broken frequently. Whereas Monzo progresses on a strong foot. Revolut CS and Monzo CS are like night and day difference.

3 Likes

Is this at all substantiated haha

1 Like
3 Likes

Looks like it goes in stages as seen it before, a few times :smirk:. All virtual cards were with VISA sign, now most (apart Disposable) are with Mastercard sign :face_with_monocle:

Did create a new virtual card to check, yap, new with Mastercard sign on :grin:

2 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

nothing much, just changes the app icon and adds a little rainbow animation when you open the app

They have deals with both. And constantly rotate between the two in various markets.

It almost feels like they constantly drain incentive payments from both, because it is so easy for them to switch between the two all the time.

2 Likes

@Carlo1460 so after upgrading to Metal monthly, I need to wait for my next month to be billed before downgrading to avoid paying a fee?

2 Likes

To avoid the card fee yeah, so choose to downgrade l
Plan to Plus on day 15+ which shouldn’t incur any costs to do so, just tells you £2.99 or whatever due on plan renewal (it might say to pay now).

Then on day 1 (maybe day 2) of new Plus plan, downgrade to Standard (free) which should refund the Plus fee (either full or minus 1 day).

1 Like

Okay, so don’t wait one full month? Just downgrade the day after the 14 days runs out?

I ordered a metal, premium and standard card and now it wants to charge me for further cards :laughing:

Yeah you get 1 free metal, and 2 free other value cards I believe.

If you head to downgrade your plan to Plus on day 15 it shouldn’t tell you to pay any additional costs to downgrade to the lower plan.

When did you order your metal? And which colour? :heart:

1 Like

Got a rose gold metal, and a lavender premium card just now. Not really using Revolut so they’ll just sit there. I just wanted to feel my first ever metal card :laughing:

2 Likes

Gold is my favourite. Black was awful.

The above trick has worked twice for me, but provided you can downgrade the plan, the absolute worst should be £2.99 X2 months break fee opposed to the £40+ :rofl:

2 Likes

And the wait goes on,so much for releasing the numbers by the end of December 22 and then Jan 23. What an absolute joke of a company and they have the audacity to moan about how long it is taking for them to receive a banking licence??

I was just thinking the exact same thing!

1 Like

Have they made an announcement about when to expect them this time?

Don’t think so. Last article I read mentioned they were meeting their auditors on 26th Jan and expected to report imminently by that point.

2 Likes

I’ve moved my salary elsewhere - they’re taking the Michael with this given Storonsky has been posing with Jeremy Hunt on social media…

I also got my last salary at 4am rather than 5pm with little to no explanation other than “there was a delay” & “it was within BACS timeframes”. Fair, but not reassuring.

I will still use it for spending whilst they offer cashback (I’m currently getting 1% from some random chat)

No huge gripes - but I’m craving more of a simple life.

2 Likes

Not to worry,you can always lose all your money with crypto

1 Like