Request a blog post!

My rule of thumb is that Teams is used for chat, queries and updates, and email is used for requests and information handovers.
The frustrating thing is though that there’s no single company wide approach and everyone uses them differently.

1 Like

Dont get me started on Slack vs Teams I manage both as well as the entire M365 stack at my place…

1 Like

So if I’ve read this right, something’s happened that means that there can be more blog posts. Is that other people’s readings too?

Could this be related? :thinking::eyes:

https://twitter.com/seeegs/status/1564656880664059909?t=pKZYDL6euE9n5PdTm1dttw&s=19

(Also, the pedant in me wants to start talking about Monzo (the international company) then Monzo UK and Monzo US for specific features or subsets thereof).

3 Likes

At the risk of triple posting (sorry), I’d be really keen on a blog post about how much can be changed in the app remotely vs a full release.

Some examples: the copy in Trends got changed on the fly due to feedback, and the Starling logo in the connected accounts too.

It’d be good to understand the balance between front-end and backend (if those are the right terms) and how that’s changed over time!

5 Likes

Hi @MattJones1

Not sure how far off this blog post is, but something I’ve noticed is that Monzo doesn’t seem to be posting salaries on all job roles anymore? Maybe it’s just coincidence that all the ones I ever looked at, had a salary, but I saw this on LinkedIn

Data and memes gives me two big ticks (In reality, I’m woefully under qualified, but anyway I went to look…) and there’s no sign of the salary on the job spec.

Same goes for People Partner but Data Analyst does.

It’s something that I know Monzo has been praised for in the past and helps people get a fairer salary if it’s publicised up front.

4 Likes

Has Monzo ever published salaries?

It’s the one area where they could sensibly lead the pack. Not doing so is really to their detriment. And delivers worse outcomes all round.

Whenever I’ve looked before, every role has had the salary published.

Some roles have the salary on, others don’t.

It’s in no tangible frequency or relevance either, whether customer based role or head of xyz.

Not a clue why it’s done this way. Maybe too many variables in some roles for them to be given even a range (though most do).

Forever a mystery. :sweat_smile:

It’s just a really poor experience, especially for those with transferable skills but moving industry. And it wastes everyone’s time. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not overly. Some apply because they want the job, and can discuss salary if offered.

I am on your side though, I’d like to know what I’m getting into salary wise, and generally wouldn’t side step for the same pay.

Lloyds were good in that respect, if you moved to upskill within the same band but different area, you’d get a 5% rise for moving/upskilling.

Never seen it pre Lloyds.

It really does.

There’s no reason for anyone to not publish salaries except to further weigh the power imbalance in favour of the potential employer.

4 Likes

That’s your opinion, not everyone’s.

People know their self worth, so when it comes down to figures they are within power to negotiate.

I’ve asked before about jobs not having salary included in the ad and the above is why it isn’t - because they want the job not just the pay grade. (Not referring to Monzo).

1 Like

I agree a visible job salary range can make or break an advert, plus people don’t want to waste their time on an amazing interview and it turns out the salary range is lower than another companies that the applicant decied to possibly snub their current interview for.

3 Likes

No harm asking if offered an interview but then looks money hungry.

Guessing those types of roles would involve a pre screen call anyway before heading to interview.

Yup. Get you in, waste enough of your time that you can’t pursue other opportunities, quids in. It’s one of the reasons I’m a contractor; the deal is open and obvious and negotiated up-front. The way that salaries / overall compensation are negotiated are really punitive towards the candidate. It’s a disease.

6 Likes

Firmly of the belief that publishing wage ranges for job postings should be a legal requirement.

Aside from it being generally bad for all workers, there’s a pretty substantial body of research that shows job postings with no wage listed result in lower wages for women and ethnic minorities.

9 Likes

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the feedback regarding the salary for a position being included in job listings. I’ve made sure to pass this on internally and if we’ve got any updates to share - I’ll make sure to start a separate Topic to discuss :pray:

Just to bring this Topic back on track - we’ve had two blogs come out recently which may be of interested to the Community:

Plus I know @jenwilkinson and the team are so excited by the current suggestions - so please keep them coming :smile:

1 Like

I don’t really have an idea for a blog post, but can I ask that you bring back an rss feed for the blog. There used to be one, but it went away a few years ago. Alternatively, please provide a way to subscribe to the blog via email.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.