Reporting merchants not accepting Monzo cards

There needs to be a better way to report merchants that don’t accept Monzo cards! Twice I’ve used the in-app to report it and it’s like pulling teeth! Support don’t have a clue and because they can’t see the failed transaction do nothing. Both jet2.com and ebay’s own payment gateway refuse Monzo BIN numbers but nothing gets done about it.

1 Like

There’s a blog post and discussion here

I agree that there should be some alternative method of reporting. Even something like a simple webform would be a start.

3 Likes

That’s fine but when you try to give support they’re asking for in that post they don’t listen and tell you you’re probably putting in the details wrong. It infuriates me.

1 Like

I get your point, but I suspect that incorrect details is a common occurrence. Even experienced people make mistakes.

My credit card wouldn’t work on a website recently. I called Nationwide and they said I’d put the wrong expiry date in three times. It happens to the best of us.

I think reporting in app is probably the way to go. Preferably with screenshots of decline messages. This isn’t to say that Monzo can necessarily fix it, I guess they can only flag it to the merchant or to MasterCard.

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure that is commonly the case and support are busy but after screenshots and all the information they would need, I felt they couldn’t care less their customers couldn’t use their service in parts. I get that it’s hard work to get merchants to update their bin number lists. I previously worked with a Debenhams cards and getting 3rd party’s to update bin lists was horrendous. I think a form is the way to go then you’re not wasting supports time who can’t do anything, then payment services can work with merchants or MasterCard to resolve issues.

Email acceptance@monzo.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jack! I’ll do that in future.

You can also report direct the MasterCard:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/report-problem-shopping.html

1 Like