Rejected Application

Hi. My daughter is a student in the UK. She has signed up for a Monzo account. Unfortunately, her application was rejected. We would like to know the reason for the rejection so that we can rectify any errors we would have made when we applied. My ex-students had recommended that my daughter opened an account with you as it is very convenient for a student like my daughter as most transactions are cashless.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

Regards,
Shirley

Hello, unfortunately none of us will be able to tell you on here. It’s a decision by the bank and not something they would ever discuss openly on here. Your daughter can phone the bank but depending on their reasons they may not say much more. I would suggest that she tries Starling.

3 Likes

To echo what @AaronB1 said, you will not find answers here. She can email help@monzo.com, but I wouldn’t hold out too much hope.

I think Starling is the next best fin tech bank, and has some advantages over Monzo.

I’m sure she’ll find a bank which suits her. Good Luck.

3 Likes

If your daughter has just moved to the UK it could be a lack of address/credit history. She can try emailing help@monzo.com but it’s unlikely they’d discuss it further.

Opening an account with a high street bank where they can physically verify her ID (thus proving she is indeed present in the UK) might be the only option - not sure if it’s still a thing but high street banks offered lots of little perks for students. I got my first three years of railcard for free but I think one was offering a year of Amazon Prime once

2 Likes

Thank you Aaron for your prompt reply and advice. Will look into it. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks #ndrw for shedding some light on this matter. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks #Anarchist for your suggestion. Will look into it.

2 Likes

Your daughter should try Starling. Failing that I’d recommend Monese.

2 Likes

Thanks Jaime. Will look into it. :smile:

Hi @shirleytan & welcome :wave:

Is that your phone number in your profile data (shirleytan 012xxxxxxx)?

I’d get rid of that asap - scammers have been contacting people with Monzo accounts, via phone, to try and extract money from them. Successfully too on occasion. Best not to help them rip you off.

1 Like

Thanks, David. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Not sure you can really class the fact you know 2 students didn’t get an account as not a single student got an account at monzo this year.

3 Likes

How on earth is it Covid-related?

2 Likes

Because it’s easier to speculate on stuff these days 🤦🤣

Wearing facemasks in the selfie video?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.