Refund foreign currency

Hi all :wave:

I paid for my wifes visa fees via UK Gov website and Worldpay. I am expecting a refund due to making an error on the application, and was advised the money would be credited back within 28 days. This was communicated to me on 7th July 2022.

I understand the 28 working days have not passed, but I paid the fees in a foreign currency. This currency has weakened significantly and I am now anxious that my refund amount will be less than what I paid for it in GBP. Can someone let me know how this would be handled? I am hoping to get the full amount I paid back in GBP.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you’ll get the current exchange rate when it settles.

1 Like

You’ll get back what you paid. Would you expect less if the exchange had changed in your favour?

@Revels Get back what I paid in GBP or the foreign currency? Sorry if i seem like a noob, just the guy above posted a different answer

thank you for the response, I was hoping this wouldnt be the case and if get back what i spent in gbp.

1 Like

the end transaction was in the foreign currency, so they will refund you in the foreign currency. It’s not their problem how you paid, just that you get back (in the currency you paid) what you paid.

1 Like