Recommended SIM Only Mobile Contracts?

Cheers for the suggestion, don’t have sky though. I just stream stuff these days.

1 Like

Are you at all likely to get any form of cellular watch device? If so you maybe limited to the carrier - so keep that in mind.

Other factor is what sort of data speed are you after? Not all 4G is the same speed so worth keeping in mind. Not sure how you can do a speed comparison - but by all accounts EE has the faster network.

From deals I’ve seen. I’m currently on EE for about 30GB of data, 12 months, for £24/mo (jealous of that deal someone else posted above).

Zevvle is not yet live, but is a “challenger network” set up by someone on this very forum I think, although I’ve not sure of the pricing.

The network iD (part of 3?) seem to have a 10GB data deal for £12 - which seems pretty good (looks like you have to go through Money Supermarket to get it).

VOXI, depending on your age and wether you want a sim card for Under 30s (!!) - do a few good data deals - £15/15GB, £20/45GB. Only for the youf though (I’m just bitter cause I’m too old for it).

And then the rest are much of a muchness as far as I can see.

Link

1 Like

I’m on a Three 12 month sim only contract (funnily enough ending this month so I’ll need to go shopping soon). I’m on £18 a month for 30GB a month data. Thought that was pretty decent as I can use it for tethering too. I remember last Christmas/New Year Three did beat my deal so I may wait until the sales to upgrade.

1 Like

Without a doubt, check out Three. By far the best SIM-only deals!

1 Like

I’ve got Three’s All-You-Can-Eat everything for £5.Worth pushing for.

I’d highly recommend 3 - their network is very reliable. EE’s network is by far the fastest but 3’s feel at home and unlimited data for reasonable prices (if you ask nicely) make it simple so I know I won’t ever run out. Plus the speed I’ve never found to be a problem.

£5.00 per month for unlimited everything on Three really?

Yea seriously.

I’m in credit because I prepaid a few months whilst I’m out of the country. I saw someone on HotUKDeals had it and I thought they were being serious so I called to persuade them to give it to me as well. The person on HUKD turned out to be trolling but who’s laughing now :joy:

. image

1 Like

That’s amazing! :rofl:

I’m on Three AYCE data/texts with 200 minutes for £20 but it’s one month rolling contract so that’s quite nice.

Deals are always changing but Plus Net currently do £11 for 6GB.

I say give the 30 days notice and get your PAC and start looking for a good deal within the 30 days. Ideally go for a rolling monthly contract so you can switch if you see something better.

Currently I’m paying £12 for 10GB. A little more data that I need so I’m waiting for something else at a better price point and I’ll switch again.

[pedant mode] 4th [/pedant mode]

:smiley:

A lot of you have suggested going through Cashback websites. This is a good start, but at this point I would just collect the information from these websites and go back to the network you’d like to join and say “I’ve seen this deal online, can you do any better?”. Granted, networks will negotiate better with customers already on the network looking to leave as opposed to new customers, but it’s still worth a try. If the network is struggling to hit one of their KPIs and you’re contributing, they might have a bigger pot to negotiate.

This. If you want to go on an MVP, you can probably expect to save money but then you can wave goodbye to network services such as WiFi Calling, Visual Voicemail, 4G+, Transcript Voicemails, AML, eSIM etc. Some MVPs have a selection of these services, but you’ll be hard pushed to find an MVP and even a network that offers all of these services. To me it seems that EE is the only one that is innovative enough to lead the market and introduce these services altogether, without discriminating on what type of pay monthly plan you’re on (for example, Vodafone requires you to be on a RED plan for WiFi Calling).

The topic of coverage annoys me. Three, Vodafone, O2 & EE all have pretty good coverage. If you’re in an area where there’s no coverage, then it’s unlikely any of the other networks will have great coverage too. And with WiFi Calling, coverage becomes even more redundant. But I suppose it depends on individual circumstances.

EE

No, it’s 3

2 Likes

Oh yeah

2 Likes

I pay Three £20 per month for unlimited texts/calls and 100GB data (all of which can be used for tethering). It also includes free use abroad which saves us a fortune.

I’ve been with them since around 2008, which includes the time I was working for Vodafone!

1 Like

I’d love to try EE for LTE speed but it’s hard to leave three’s feel at home roaming. Makes life a lot easier! Do EE offer US roaming on sim only contracts?

If you go through a cashback sure it helps to bank with somewhere that does cheque imaging in app!

I still think a Vodafone red entertainment plan is hard to beat. You can get 50gb for £17.50 and includes Spotify.

You need to add the roam further add on for inclusive roaming in the USA on EE if you’re not on a Max plan

1 Like

The problem with three’s roaming is that it is 3G and most places are removing 3G support to put 4G in place.

2 Likes

My village is looking to move from 2G to 3G next year…

4 Likes