Receipts

Ha ha, and I use Microsoft because I hate being forced to use the undeletable Google bloatware on Android :slight_smile: Every OS should be blank and free of programs giving you free choice to install what you want

1 Like

Definitely! :raised_hands: Apple have only just caught on.

OK, back on topic. I think will likely be achieved by a third party integration. I canā€™t see Monzo cluttering the default settings UI of the app.

For cases such as emailed receipts, inboxes are getting smarter and so are therefore able to distinguish between receipts and other emails. An IFTTT integration is a popular idea, so perhaps could be achieved by setting up an email trigger with an action to upload the receipt to Monzo. Although for this work, Monzo may have to do a little heavy lifting in matching receipts with transactions automatically.

It is interesting to see Tesco trialling digital receipts, though Tap&Tag rather than the usual e-receipt by email offering

Might be being dense here, but is this an iOS specific thing at the moment? Iā€™m using an android phone and if I take a photo of my receipt in the app it doesnā€™t get saved anywhere on my device.

I have an Android and my photo is stored on my device but luckily not in my main photo directory but a Monzo directory
My files > Device storage > Android > Data > co.uk.getmondo > Files > Pictures

1 Like

OK, but thatā€™s different as that folder wouldnā€™t (normally) be accessible to other apps as it is part of the sandboxed data area for the monzo app (based on my basic understanding of the android security model). It would seem in iOS the images are stored somewhere that the camera roll app can access (and therefore backup).