Processing a cheque?!

How many cheques do you receive monthly for this to be such a problem for you?

3 Likes

You should know by now that ONE CHEQUE EVERY FIVE YEARS IS ONE HASSLE TOO MANY!

4 Likes

Oh yeah.

My bad.

2 Likes

Have you not read their post? They said 2-3 times a year. You even replied to it already!

1 Like

Also my bad :joy: that minor detail skipped my eyes when the rest seemed to draw more attention for me.

Can’t be that minor to you if it’s the point you choose to pick at to invalidate what they consider to be an issue.

Might not be for you, and although @jzw95 is (I think) being facetious, it’s also just ironically a fact. A problem only needs to be a problem once for it to be a problem.

5 Likes

Don’t be a mood.

They recognise they shouldn’t have closed their account that had the desired cheque imaging, however severe the impact is on their life. Fortunately there’s many banks that do offer the same process.

1 Like

I don’t recieve many cheque, but it would be a hassle to have to post in, no matter how many I have to post.

Whilst I think the argument that cheques are dying is a poor one considering cheques are still widely used, even if less so than previously, Monzo can chose not to have the feature if they don’t want it.

Just a lesson in always making sure you research what you are applying for. Starling even has a handy table on their website with information that is (mostly) correct.

The best bank accounts: Compare current accounts - Starling Bank

2 Likes

But are possibly one of the few where you can’t use a physical branch or the Post Office as a substitute.

2 Likes

I was about to post this. I hope OP knows they also can’t use Post Office to pay in money. :sweat_smile:

We’ll get a thread about it when he finds out!

2 Likes

Not something I’ve checked, but I don’t think so, at least not with the neobanks. IIRC triodos was post only, and Chase don’t support them at all.

Starling don’t allow cheque deposits at a Post Office (they have cheque imaging, of course, but cheques above £1,000 must be posted).

I keep a Halifax account for such occasions. Scan the cheque and in it goes. If it fails, there is a branch (a branch!) in town. Useful also for paying in cash, taking out larger sums, etc.

1 Like