Prince 1999 Deluxe

@simonb

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/prince-1999-super-deluxe-reissue-offers-a-wealth-of-unreleased-material

1 Like

Yes!!!

Funnily enough I broke the news of this almost two years ago in the fan community. I was in LA and found out that it existed through contacts at the label. It then got pushed back in twice in favour of other releases. I am glad that it is finally coming out though. Sadly, two incredible outtakes in particular have been left off. They are incredible songs but both have an offensive questionable lyric that is almost certainly why they’ve been left off the set, and editing them out of the song wouldn’t fly within the fanbase either. But it still promises to be an absolutely fantastic set.

2 Likes

Time for me to start saving - wonder what the UK price will be?

1 Like

ÂŁ19.99?

4 Likes

I wish!

2 Likes

4 Likes

@Dunsford

There’s a bunch of different configs. I think for most people the 5CD/1DVD set will be the one - it’s looking like it’ll be £50 or so.

Then there’s the vinyl set - 10(!) LP set plus the DVD. Not seen UK pricing yet but US pricing is looking to be $250 and I’ve seen EU pricing at €190. So I’d expect around £200. I wouldn’t personally bother with the other sets which are just the remastered album and extended and 7" single mixes.

The real treat here is the two discs of outtakes and the DVD with two full unreleased concerts from 1982. I think the extended unreleased version of “How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore?” is going to be a real highlight here.

1 Like

Just found this:

1 Like

Nice! That’s actually quite reasonable. I just got the “Emancipation” reissue which is 6 vinyls, and that retails for about £100. £175 for 10 and the DVD isn’t bad at all IMO.

Amazing what you learn by following Monzo forums! :slight_smile: Added 1999 to my amazon wishlist. Maybe after I pay off the car repair I just put on my cc, I’ll be able to afford it.

1 Like

They just uploaded a preview of the live DVD that will be included!

“1999” live from Houston, Texas, December 1982 :raised_hands:

1 Like

Just need these setting up on a playlist now

1 Like
1 Like

And then there’s Sign O’ The Times…

https://twitter.com/sdedition/status/1176080904793546752/photo/